How do I choose what types of information to sync on Firefox?
Firefox Sync lets you synchronize bookmarks, add-ons, browsing history and other site information across multiple devices. This article shows you how to choose these settings. For information on starting a Sync account or managing your devices, see How do I set up Firefox Sync?
Table of Contents
What types of information can I share across my devices?
You can choose to sync the following types of information on your devices:
- Tabs: your open tabs on other devices will be stored in the menu on your computer, and in the Sync tab on your Android device.
- Bookmarks: this allows you to access all your favorite sites on all your synchronized devices.
- Passwords: this synchronizes your login information. This will be disabled if you use a master password
- History: this allows you to access sites you have visited in the past on all your synchronized devices.
- Add-ons: put a check mark in this box if you want to synchronize your add-ons across your devices. Add-ons for the desktop version of Firefox cannot be synchronized with the mobile versions of Firefox.
- Preferences: this synchronizes Firefox's behavior, such as download actions and pop-up blocker settings, across your devices.
Manage Sync information on a computer
Click the menu button and choose
- In the Sync panel, check the types of information you want to sync.
- Click to save your changes.Close the window when you're finished. Your changes will be saved automatically.
Manage Sync information on an Android device
- Tap the button (either at the bottom edge of the screen or in the the top-right corner) and select (you may need to tap first) .
- Tap and uncheck the items you don't want to synchronize. Your changes will save automatically when you exit.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/MnTqus