Prašenja za slědowacu temu pokazać:

Where are card body previews in Thunderbird?

I’m looking for card body previews in the message list/card view, similar to seeing a short preview of the email body under the subject/sender. Is this feature currently … (čitajće wjace)

I’m looking for card body previews in the message list/card view, similar to seeing a short preview of the email body under the subject/sender. Is this feature currently available anywhere in Thunderbird?

If not, is it planned, and is there any estimated version or timeline for when it may be added?

Wočinjeny 2 10

Is it possible to alphabetize message filters?

I have a very long list of filters and would like to have the list alphabetized. Is there a way other than "move to [I don't know--bottom? top?]. An alphabetized list w… (čitajće wjace)

I have a very long list of filters and would like to have the list alphabetized. Is there a way other than "move to [I don't know--bottom? top?]. An alphabetized list would certainly help. Thanks,

Wočinjeny

Thunderbird 157.0.1 (64-bit) write funtion formatting toolbar missing and can't be made to appear again.

Thunderbird (157.0.1 (64-bit)) write toolbar missing. All things are correctly configured, as mentioned in this article, and nothing is working in making the Write (Compo… (čitajće wjace)

Thunderbird (157.0.1 (64-bit)) write toolbar missing.

All things are correctly configured, as mentioned in this article, and nothing is working in making the Write (Compose) Formatting toolbar appear again.

Everything is set to compose in HTML format and the keyboard commands mentioned in other articles and so forth do nothing.

Is is perhaps a corrupted profile setting file somewhere? Is there a Config Editor setting that needs to/can be changed ?

Please advise, soonest, thank you in advance.

Rozrisany 9 1

Open link to upload file, now it is defaulted "Download" folder, it used to be last folder used.

This is killing my efficiency, I upload many files in the order i see fit, I select the folder, I upload the file, I open the link again to upload, it takes me to the s… (čitajće wjace)

This is killing my efficiency, I upload many files in the order i see fit, I select the folder, I upload the file, I open the link again to upload, it takes me to the same folder. Not anymore

Now, with every upload no matter what folder I am in it takes me to "Download" folder, this change just happened on 10-8-26. Open link to upload file, now it is defaulted "Download" folder, it used to be last folder used.

I dont have this issue when I upload in chrome.

Wočinjeny 1 1

Thunderbird control via admx gpo.

Good day. Can you tell me where to get admx thunderbird management templates and a description of each policy? Is there any Russian language support in admx? There is mor… (čitajće wjace)

Good day. Can you tell me where to get admx thunderbird management templates and a description of each policy? Is there any Russian language support in admx? There is more information in the official documentation on the use of the polices.json configuration file than admx. Thank you.

Wočinjeny 1

Opens with outbox

Hey dears, my thunderbird on my Android opens everytime with the outbox of one of my mail accounts... I closed the app, logged out/in, nothing changed. It doesn't matter … (čitajće wjace)

Hey dears,

my thunderbird on my Android opens everytime with the outbox of one of my mail accounts... I closed the app, logged out/in, nothing changed. It doesn't matter which mail I open before I close the app. Every time it starts with the outbox (there is nothing in the outbox). How to fix this?

Thank you :)

Rozrisany 4

Folers list and inbox list have gone to double space.

My list of folders on the left, and my list of inbox emails at the top, have both gone to double space. This takes up a lot of room, and I cant see everything I used to… (čitajće wjace)

My list of folders on the left, and my list of inbox emails at the top, have both gone to double space. This takes up a lot of room, and I cant see everything I used to. How can I change them back to single space. I did use "control +" to try to make the body of the email bigger so that it's easier to read (aged 79), but the folders don't change when I reduce the font size.

Rozrisany 3

[Wayland/Arch/Plasma] Minimize to tray not working (+solution)

I was very frustrated that in 156.0.1 (157 as of today) on Arch there is no option to minimize to tray when closing. Now i do not know what is the cause of this, but i w… (čitajće wjace)

I was very frustrated that in 156.0.1 (157 as of today) on Arch there is no option to minimize to tray when closing. Now i do not know what is the cause of this, but i was unable to find any working solution ... FOR A PROBLEM SOLVED ~12 YEARS AGO >:(. Eventually resigned to system solution using SysTray-X which eventually worked.

               `ooo/                    OS: Arch Linux x86_64
             `+oooooo:                  Kernel: Linux 7.2.9-arch1-1
       ./ooosssso++osssssso+`           Desktop Environment: KDE Plasma 6.7.5
      .oossssso-````/ossssss+`          Window Manager: KWin (Wayland)

1) pacman -S systray-x 2) check plug-in in Thunderbird is present 3) change Thunderbird shortcuts to add env.variables "Exec=env MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=0 GDK_BACKEND=x11 thunderbird %u"

Wočinjeny

Kiosk Mode

I am using Ubuntu Linux on a desktop PC running Firefox in kiosk mode going to a specific web page - Every time Firefox does an update (since version 147) the kiosk mode … (čitajće wjace)

I am using Ubuntu Linux on a desktop PC running Firefox in kiosk mode going to a specific web page - Every time Firefox does an update (since version 147) the kiosk mode stops working. The very latest update, after a reboot, just shows the menu bars and not Firefox going to that specified web page. Has the kiosk code changed since v147 ?

Wočinjeny 3

In version 154 no start pages are displayed that were set via registry entries.

Hi, In the latest firefox update 154, no start pages are displayed that were distributed with a registry key via group policy. It only works again if you change this sett… (čitajće wjace)

Hi,

In the latest firefox update 154, no start pages are displayed that were distributed with a registry key via group policy. It only works again if you change this setting manually in the Firefox settings.

In Version 153 it´s fine.

Jan

Wočinjeny 2 10

Questions About Enterprise Deployment, Updating and Rollback of Firefox Policy Templates

Dear Firefox Support Team, We are evaluating the deployment of Mozilla Firefox Group Policy templates in our organization to support Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Netw… (čitajće wjace)

Dear Firefox Support Team,

We are evaluating the deployment of Mozilla Firefox Group Policy templates in our organization to support Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Network Protection.

Microsoft has advised us that, for custom URL/domain Indicators to work correctly in Firefox, we need to:

1. Download the Firefox policy templates from:

  https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates/releases

2. Copy the files and folders under the Windows directory to:

  `C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions`

3. Enable the **Disable Encrypted Client Hello** policy.

4. Configure the following preference to disable HTTP/3:

```json {

 "network.http.http3.enable": {
   "Value": false,
   "Status": "default"
 }

} ```

Microsoft referred us to Mozilla for clarification regarding the lifecycle, compatibility and rollback of the Firefox policy templates. Before deploying the configuration across our managed Windows devices, we would appreciate your guidance on the following questions.

1. Policy template update frequency

We noticed that new versions of the Firefox policy templates are released quite frequently.

  • Is it necessary to deploy every new version of the policy templates?
  • Should organizations establish a regular schedule for updating the ADMX/ADML files?
  • Alternatively, should the templates only be updated when a required policy has changed or when the installed Firefox version requires a newer template?
  • Is there a recommended method for matching a policy-template version with Firefox Release and Firefox ESR versions?
  • Could an older policy-template version continue to be used if it already contains the required policies?

2. Different Firefox versions across endpoints

Our users may have different versions of Firefox or Firefox ESR installed.

If the same policy templates and settings are deployed to all managed Windows devices:

  • What happens when an installed Firefox version does not support a setting included in the policy template?
  • Will Firefox simply ignore an unsupported policy, or could it cause policy-processing errors or browser compatibility issues?
  • Is there a minimum supported Firefox or Firefox ESR version for `DisableEncryptedClientHello` and the `network.http.http3.enable` preference?
  • Do you recommend targeting the deployment according to the installed Firefox version?

3. Devices without Firefox installed

Some managed devices do not have Firefox installed.

  • Is it safe to deploy the Firefox ADMX/ADML files and related registry-based policy settings to those devices?
  • Will the files and settings remain inactive until Firefox is installed?
  • Could deploying the templates or registry settings have any effect on Windows or other browsers?

4. Replacement of existing templates

When copying the files into `C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions`, Windows may prompt us to replace existing Mozilla ADMX/ADML files.

  • Is it safe to replace older versions with the latest released templates?
  • Could replacement affect or remove existing Firefox Group Policy configurations?
  • Should the existing files be backed up before replacement?
  • Do we only need `mozilla.admx`, `firefox.admx` and the corresponding language-specific ADML files, or should every file and language folder in the Windows package be copied?

5. Rollback procedure

If the deployment causes an unexpected browser, compatibility or performance issue, what is Mozilla’s recommended rollback procedure?

Should we:

  • Change **Disable Encrypted Client Hello** to *Not Configured* or *Disabled*;
  • Remove or reverse the `network.http.http3.enable` preference;
  • Remove the associated Firefox policy registry values;
  • Restore the previous ADMX/ADML files; and/or
  • Remove the current templates from `C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions`?

Please clarify whether withdrawing the Group Policy assignment is sufficient to restore Firefox’s default ECH and HTTP/3 behavior, or whether endpoint-level cleanup is also required.

6. Recommended enterprise deployment approach

For a managed enterprise environment, would Mozilla recommend deploying these templates through:

  • The Active Directory Group Policy Central Store;
  • Local `C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions`;
  • Microsoft Intune ADMX ingestion;
  • Direct registry-based policies; or
  • Another supported method?

We would appreciate Mozilla’s official recommendation so that we can complete our internal risk assessment and prepare an appropriate deployment, maintenance and rollback plan.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards, Summer

Wočinjeny 2 10