Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla Support में खोजें

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Want to change background color of bookmark list

Richard

With latest update (and without my say-so), the background color of my bookmark list is purple (with white print). I have not gotten used to it and find it distracting. I'd like to go back to the way it was (white background with black print). I cannot find the setting to change. Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

With latest update (and without my say-so), the background color of my bookmark list is purple (with white print). I have not gotten used to it and find it distracting. I'd like to go back to the way it was (white background with black print). I cannot find the setting to change. Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

All Replies (2)

That’s probably coming from Firefox’s theme/appearance settings. Go to Settings → General → Appearance and try switching to Light or another theme.

If the bookmark menu is still purple, check Themes and Extensions—a custom theme can change the menu background and text colors.

TU Malcolm. I tried that w/o success. I did discover that this happens when I use Firefox Private Browsing, and NOT when I am using the 'normal' browsing. I seldom feel the need to use the Private Browsing (had just been doing so out of habit and an abundance of caution. I guess I can put up with this. Interesting, though, that this was never the case before the latest revision. My apologies if I am doing something improper by raising a new issue here, but I take the occasion to ask what I need to do to get the free trial of VPN. I have tried, w/o success, and cannot figure out who the 'favored' are and what they did to get to that status.

प्रश्न पूछें

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.