Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
פתוחה

FireFox will no longer open a PDFs in Mac Default viewer.

Kristina

After the last Firefox update, I can no longer open download files (PDFs) from websites in Mac Default Viewer. I have tried the other settings such as open with Adobe, Ask, etc., but they continue to only open in the browser. For work, I download hundreds of documents from a county site, so having them open in my default viewer when I click the link was very useful for a productive work flow. I have tried to open files with my viewer from other sites, but it fails with those too. My tech team tried to help but seems to be a Firefox issue. Settings - Downloads - Files and Applications - PDF - Use Preview (or anything else) is not working. Firefox 157.01, Apple M2 Pro, Tahoe 26.6.2.

After the last Firefox update, I can no longer open download files (PDFs) from websites in Mac Default Viewer. I have tried the other settings such as open with Adobe, Ask, etc., but they continue to only open in the browser. For work, I download hundreds of documents from a county site, so having them open in my default viewer when I click the link was very useful for a productive work flow. I have tried to open files with my viewer from other sites, but it fails with those too. My tech team tried to help but seems to be a Firefox issue. Settings - Downloads - Files and Applications - PDF - Use Preview (or anything else) is not working. Firefox 157.01, Apple M2 Pro, Tahoe 26.6.2.

כל התגובות (2)

Right now you can only use a fallback, switching pdfjs.disabled to true in about:config.

I did this last week, but still not much faster than opening and downloading them from the browser. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

פרסום שאלה

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.