Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
פתוחה

(Android Firefox) Reader View issue - how to stop it from trying to download a page that was already downloaded.

Luke

Android 11 OnePlus 6T Firefox 156.0 Extensions: https everywhere, Privacy Badger, NoScript, uBlock Origin Tabs are set to never close.

I downloaded several chapters from an online book I was reading prior to an appointment. I put each chapter into Reader View. Then I turned off WiFi access. This was about 2 hours prior to the appointment. I left Firefox on the regular view page I had loaded the chapters from. When I tried to read all the chapters, Reader View immediately tried to download the page and failed and gave me an error about my Internet connection. "Back" didn't work, all the previous downloaded, static pages were gone.

I tested this at home. If you leave Firefox on a Reader View page and turn off WiFi access, the page is left as is. If you leave the page and return to it, the page is lost and needs to be downloaded again.

Is there a setting or something to prevent this ... behavior?

Thank you

Android 11 OnePlus 6T Firefox 156.0 Extensions: https everywhere, Privacy Badger, NoScript, uBlock Origin Tabs are set to never close. I downloaded several chapters from an online book I was reading prior to an appointment. I put each chapter into Reader View. Then I turned off WiFi access. This was about 2 hours prior to the appointment. I left Firefox on the regular view page I had loaded the chapters from. When I tried to read all the chapters, Reader View immediately tried to download the page and failed and gave me an error about my Internet connection. "Back" didn't work, all the previous downloaded, static pages were gone. I tested this at home. If you leave Firefox on a Reader View page and turn off WiFi access, the page is left as is. If you leave the page and return to it, the page is lost and needs to be downloaded again. Is there a setting or something to prevent this ... behavior? Thank you

כל התגובות (2)

I saw similar behavior using the Internet Archive, I had a page loaded and in Reader view, switched to a different tab. When I switched back Firefox tried to reload it and failed as the IA had too many requests.

Why reload something that was already loaded?

פרסום שאלה

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.