Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
Archived

media keys

Frostbyte1

when is firefox going to get the media keys function added? like controlling youtube with your keyboard to play or pause the video.

when is firefox going to get the media keys function added? like controlling youtube with your keyboard to play or pause the video.

כל התגובות (14)

Frostbyte1 said

controlling youtube with your keyboard to play or pause the video.

Hello   Frostbyte1,

You can press the   "K"   key on your keyboard,   or the space bar.
Works like charm !

You can press   "J"   to go backward;
Press   "L"  to go forward,
Press   "M"  to mute.

השתנתה ב־ על־ידי McCoy

hi, the feature is currently in development - you can enable it by turning on the media.hardwaremediakeys.enabled preference in about:config (since it's still somewhat experimental at this stage there may be bugs though).

@ Philipp :

The keys that I mentioned all work for me and have been for a very long time, even with the value of that preference set to "false" ...... (?)

i cant pause and unpause the video when i press the fn and f10 keys together like i can in chrome. and when i enable media.hardwaremediakeys.enabled it works but firefox has to be on screen for it to work it cant be minimized.

השתנתה ב־ על־ידי Frostbyte1

Frostbyte1 Question owner said

i cant pause and unpause the video when i press the fn and f10 keys together like i can in chrome.

Does it have to be Fn and F10  ?

Pressing the space bar to pause and play works just fine for me;   it doesn't for you ?

pressing the space bar does work i was talking about when firefox is minimized

Frostbyte1 Question owner said

pressing the space bar does work i was talking about when firefox is minimized

Don't know how I could have missed that   -   I am so sorry !

All I could find was this thread :

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/dtv651/media_keys_not_working_on_minimized_firefox/

'Don't know if it will work,  but I found this add-on :

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/play-pause/

It's not the same thing as using a key on your keyboard,   but maybe worth a try ....

השתנתה ב־ על־ידי McCoy

philipp said

hi, the feature is currently in development - you can enable it by turning on the media.hardwaremediakeys.enabled preference in about:config (since it's still somewhat experimental at this stage there may be bugs though).

Is there a place to report bugs for this? I can pause media from the keys on my keyboard but can't skip using the keys.

hi samurai-com, you can file bugs or feature requests for this through https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Core&component=Audio%2FVideo%3A%20Playback

I enabled the media keys via about:config but if I pause for more than one minute, the keys stop responding. I suspect it's a timeout setting but there are so many different timeout settings. Any idea what it might be?