Showing questions for topic:
Nuna amsoshi da aka yiwa shaida:

Why do email reply Subject lines start with Aw: instead of Re:?

The subject line of replies to email messages are preceded with Aw: instead of Re:. Aw: appears to be the German language version of Re:, but my language is set to Englis… (daɗa karatu)

The subject line of replies to email messages are preceded with Aw: instead of Re:. Aw: appears to be the German language version of Re:, but my language is set to English as best as I can determine. Forwarded email are preceded with Fw: as normal. I do not see anything other than the Subject line Aw: that look like they are in another language. If I use a different browser than Firefox, then the reply subject line is preceded with Re: so I do not think it is a global Windows setting. This problem started several months ago -- I have been using Firefox for many years without this problem so it appears to be caused by a Firefox update. Thanks.

Open

firefoxのスペルチェックはどのように機能しているのでしょうか。

日本語でfirefoxを利用しています。 よく文章を入力欄に日本語で打ち込んでいると、赤い波の下線が引かれます。それがスペルチェックであることは知っているのですが、具体的にどんな基準で正誤を判断しているのかもわかりません。かと言って修正してくれるわけでもないのでオフにしようと思うのですが、その前にこの機能がどういう性質のものかは知っておき… (daɗa karatu)

日本語でfirefoxを利用しています。 よく文章を入力欄に日本語で打ち込んでいると、赤い波の下線が引かれます。それがスペルチェックであることは知っているのですが、具体的にどんな基準で正誤を判断しているのかもわかりません。かと言って修正してくれるわけでもないのでオフにしようと思うのですが、その前にこの機能がどういう性質のものかは知っておきたいです。

例えばなんの問題もないように見える 

「りんごは美味しい。」 という文章もこの機能によると間違っていると表示されます。 「。」記号を抜くと下線は消えたりとよくわからない機能です。

これは果たして有用ですか?

追記、日本語辞書はfirefoxにダウンロードされていると思います。

Open

Why isn't there already an Auto-translate feature for the browser?

Same question, expanded. We're in the age of international browsing- Why when you choose a default language for the browser, doesn't it already ask if you want the page y… (daɗa karatu)

Same question, expanded. We're in the age of international browsing- Why when you choose a default language for the browser, doesn't it already ask if you want the page you're looking at (if not in the default language) to be translated? You guys are years behind missing a feature like that. Even internet explorer had that function.

Solved 1

Why does Firefox label the Kurdish language as Persian while other browsers such as Chrome and Edge correctly identify Kurdish and label it properly?

When the automatic translation pop-up appears, Firefox incorrectly detects Kurdish text and labels it as Persian. Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge… (daɗa karatu)

When the automatic translation pop-up appears, Firefox incorrectly detects Kurdish text and labels it as Persian. Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, accurately identify and label Kurdish as its own distinct language. This misclassification disrupts translation accuracy and usability for Kurdish speakers. Please update the language detection model in Firefox Translations to correctly recognize and label Kurdish.

Open 1

IME switches language between tabs, how to disable?

I'm using Microsoft PinYin IME. In Chrome, all tabs share a single IME settings, all English or all Chinese, won't switch when the tab changes. But in Firefox, it switche… (daɗa karatu)

I'm using Microsoft PinYin IME. In Chrome, all tabs share a single IME settings, all English or all Chinese, won't switch when the tab changes. But in Firefox, it switches randomly, which I want to disable. Is there any settings about this?

Open

Problem to write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't.

I can't write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't. On Opera browser it's working good with Bengali Typing. In Firefox it's not workin… (daɗa karatu)

I can't write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't. On Opera browser it's working good with Bengali Typing. In Firefox it's not working. I have tried to write আমার সোনার বাংলা it's going to like this (‘‘্রও েরনসমfv h১৥#৪% ). When I paste Bengali writing from other source it's working good like this আমার সোনার বাংলা. How can I fix this issue ?

Open 1