Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Ñongatupyre

Stopping Thunderbird From Checking My Gmail Account

weellarr

Who in the world had the bright idea of Thunderbird constantly asking permission to check my Gmail account?

I've read a lot and tried everything, but I can't stop it.

I discovered that my Gmail account is listed in the config file. If I delete all the references to my Gmail account in the config file, will that mess up Thunderbird?

Thanks in advance for help.

Who in the world had the bright idea of Thunderbird constantly asking permission to check my Gmail account? I've read a lot and tried everything, but I can't stop it. I discovered that my Gmail account is listed in the config file. If I delete all the references to my Gmail account in the config file, will that mess up Thunderbird? Thanks in advance for help.

Opaite Mbohovái (2)

Thunderbird is not doing that, Google is. Thunderbird is only an agent.

Who in the world had the bright idea of Thunderbird constantly asking permission to check my Gmail account?

Google.

I discovered that my Gmail account is listed in the config file.

Which config file are you talking about?

If I delete all the references to my Gmail account in the config file, will that mess up Thunderbird?

Not knowing what are you talking about, it might, yes.

What you should do is remove any references to this Google account from all Thunderbird spaces where you may have added them, i.e. Mail, Address Book, Calendar, Chat…