Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Oĩporãmava Ñongatupyre

windows security requiring password to use fireflx credit card autofill

Carol Parry Fox

I am continually getting his Windows Security sign in box when I try to use my stored credit card info from Firefox: Firefox is trying to to use stored credit card information. Complete access to this windows account below.

I tried creating a Firefox master password, but that did not help. How do I get rid of this? It makes having store credit cards almost useless as I have to enter my windows sign on and password everytime I want to use a credit card.

I am continually getting his Windows Security sign in box when I try to use my stored credit card info from Firefox: '''''Firefox is trying to to use stored credit card information. Complete access to this windows account below.''''' I tried creating a Firefox master password, but that did not help. How do I get rid of this? It makes having store credit cards almost useless as I have to enter my windows sign on and password everytime I want to use a credit card.
Emoñe’ẽ ko mbohavái ejeregua reheve

Ñemoĩporã poravopyre

This issue will be fixed in Firefox 79.

  • Bug 1648187 - User is prompted for OS-level authentication to fill credit card information even if `extensions.formautofill.reauth.enabled` is false

(please do not comment in bug reports
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html
)

See also:

Opaite Mbohovái (4)

See if setting the signon.management.page.os-auth.enabled preference on the about:config page in Firefox to false and then restarting solves the issue.

You can also check this pref on the about:config page:

  • extensions.formautofill.reauth.enabled

You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I accept the risk!" to continue.

sorry, this did not work

Ñemoĩporã poravopyre

This issue will be fixed in Firefox 79.

  • Bug 1648187 - User is prompted for OS-level authentication to fill credit card information even if `extensions.formautofill.reauth.enabled` is false

(please do not comment in bug reports
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html
)

See also: