I am s-o-o-o gd tired of this happening. Every time it does, I spend days-to-weeks trying to recover a working edition of Tbird. Why can't you build updates that don't … (Máis información)
I am s-o-o-o gd tired of this happening. Every time it does, I spend days-to-weeks trying to recover a working edition of Tbird. Why can't you build updates that don't lock a customer out of his/her own emails.
I don't know how or when, exactly, it happened. I use Win11pro which is up to date. I have one Tbird install on dropbox so I can access all my emails from any of four different machines. It worked yesterday (on two machines at any rate, I didn't use the others). Today, no matter which machine I log into, I get an message stating that I ' you have launched an older version of Thunderbird. A newer version of Thunderbird may have made changes to your profile which are no longer compatible with this older version. Use this profile only with that newer version, or create a new profile for this installation of Thunderbird. Creating a new profile requires setting up your accounts, calendars and ad-ons again. For more information . . .italic text Then it gives an 'exit' button and a 'create new profile' button.
1) I did NOT install a new version of Thunderbird.
2) Insofar as I can tell, the version on Dropbox has not changed so nothing should have altered the profile.
3) I do NOT want to create a new profile -- I have years of data in calendars and emails across multiple accounts.
4) the 'more information' link doesn't work.
Why do you periodically do this to me, Mo? Why can't you make changes that don't destroy a person's account(s), profiles or data? Why do you put up such a useless message without a utility to restore things to the way they should be?
5) I have been searching the internet for hours and I don't see a solution to this problem.