Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Oplost Argivearre

Firefox Profile Manager not opening (V20.0.1)

MumbleFysh

I'm trying to open the Profile Manager in order to create a 'developers' profile. I was originally following this blog's instructions using the Run command.

http://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2009/01/28/how-to-develop-a-firefox-extension/

The problem is that it's just opening up a new Firefox window, and nothing else. I then went to get more updated documentation, here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles?esab=a&as=aaq

And alas the same results. Here are the commands I have tried:


firefox -p firefox -P firefox -profilemanager firefox -ProfileManager

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -P "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -profilemanager "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -ProfileManager


They all return the same result, which is just opening a new Firefox window.

I'm trying to open the Profile Manager in order to create a 'developers' profile. I was originally following this blog's instructions using the Run command. http://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2009/01/28/how-to-develop-a-firefox-extension/ The problem is that it's just opening up a new Firefox window, and nothing else. I then went to get more updated documentation, here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles?esab=a&as=aaq And alas the same results. Here are the commands I have tried: firefox -p firefox -P firefox -profilemanager firefox -ProfileManager "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -P "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -profilemanager "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -ProfileManager They all return the same result, which is just opening a new Firefox window.

Alle antwurden (3)

Gah sorry about the mess of the commands. Here's my reattempt.

firefox -p

firefox -P

firefox -profilemanager

firefox -ProfileManager

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -P

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -profilemanager

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -ProfileManager

Keazen oplossing

This happens when Firefox isn't completely closed and you still see a firefox.exe process or plugin-container process in the Task Manager.

See also:

My savior. Thank you! There was a Firefox process still running in the background.