Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is sluten en argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Oplost Sletten Argivearre

Unable to log in at server. Probably wrong configuration, username or password. (1&1 IMAP)

SuMo Bot

Hi, I have an existing installation of Thunderbird 91.9.1 on my linux system. I have a gmail, outlook and web.de mail each running via this installation (IMAP). My new workmail is hosted by 1&1(ionos). I can log in via web interface. Autoconfig finds the configuration that is (according to their help articles) the correct one to access the Mail via IMAP. Incoming: imap.1und1.de SSL/TLS 993 Outgoing: smtp.1und1.de STARTTLS 587 normal Password Username is my full email address. There have been no typos. I checked 5x, copy pasted, rechecked. Pasted it into the web interface login, and thunderbird before clicking go on each -> tb - no, web - yes domain is talsen.team

I would appreciate some pointers to get this fixed. And yes i did read prior questions regarding this error. It did not help in my case.

Hi, I have an existing installation of Thunderbird 91.9.1 on my linux system. I have a gmail, outlook and web.de mail each running via this installation (IMAP). My new workmail is hosted by 1&1(ionos). I can log in via web interface. Autoconfig finds the configuration that is (according to their help articles) the correct one to access the Mail via IMAP. Incoming: imap.1und1.de SSL/TLS 993 Outgoing: smtp.1und1.de STARTTLS 587 normal Password Username is my full email address. There have been no typos. I checked 5x, copy pasted, rechecked. Pasted it into the web interface login, and thunderbird before clicking go on each -> tb - no, web - yes domain is talsen.team I would appreciate some pointers to get this fixed. And yes i did read prior questions regarding this error. It did not help in my case.

Alle antwurden (1)

Keazen oplossing

Ok I found the problem... Basically the mail was too new. I was already using the ionos webmail interface, but from the outside it was "not created" yet. In my Webmail interface i received an email along the lines of "Thank you for choosing ionos..." "We have created a basic mail..." "to use your new mail pleas log into webmail using the following link" -> did it, URL was slightly different(mail.ionos.de instead of email.ionos.de) after logging in once more i returned to the usual webinterface but now i was able to connect thunderbird via imap.

TLDR: Wait for a confirmation Mail from ionos asking you to activate your "Mail Basic Account". Afterwards you can connect via IMAP

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.