Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Argivearre

Most local folders' messages lost

Georg

I have (had) a zillion e-mails locally stored. My e-mail history since 25 years. This morning, starting TB, most of my local folders are empty. To be precise, some of my local folders are named in Latin and are OK. Those named in Greek are there, in twos (i.e. there are now 2 folders named "Φάκελλος", both empty (no subfolders, no messages). Am running W7-64 and migrated from Win Live Mail a few months ago. I have done nothing that I can think could have had anything to so with this.

I have (had) a zillion e-mails locally stored. My e-mail history since 25 years. This morning, starting TB, most of my local folders are empty. To be precise, some of my local folders are named in Latin and are OK. Those named in Greek are there, in twos (i.e. there are now 2 folders named "Φάκελλος", both empty (no subfolders, no messages). Am running W7-64 and migrated from Win Live Mail a few months ago. I have done nothing that I can think could have had anything to so with this.

Alle antwurden (1)

I traced issue to having changed my locale setting. Why? Because I was trying to install Firefox in English. C'mmon guys! If you will be following MS, what's the point?

I cannot figure out why installations automate language selection. If you absolutely need to automate it, follow the OS language. Chances are that is the most convenient one for the specific user. Local settings are there to facilitate living somewhere, or syncing with that locale. They do not have anything to do with native or comfortable or preferred language.

I also fail to grasp why programmers find it hard to imagine English-speakers living in Germany, or Chinese-speakers living in Greenland. After all, it's not like we are surrounded by globalization, is it?

That is, of course, if installation utilities find it beneath them to just ask the user what he wants...

Bewurke troch Georg op