Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Oplost Argivearre

I cannot get Firefox to sync my bookmarks

jpgreen3

I had to erase and reinstall OS X on my Mac. Then I downloaded the Firefox browser and logged in using the Firefox account I used prior to the erase/reinstall. But I cannot seem to sync and get my old bookmarks back. The sync buttom doesn't do anything except open up the "sync" tab.

I still have all my old Firefox bookmarks on my Android phone. So the bookmark information still exists. But can't get them back on my Mac browser

I had to erase and reinstall OS X on my Mac. Then I downloaded the Firefox browser and logged in using the Firefox account I used prior to the erase/reinstall. But I cannot seem to sync and get my old bookmarks back. The sync buttom doesn't do anything except open up the "sync" tab. I still have all my old Firefox bookmarks on my Android phone. So the bookmark information still exists. But can't get them back on my Mac browser
Dit antwurd yn kontekst lêze

Keazen oplossing

That means that you are connected to the Sync server.

What does it show on the about:sync-progress page? You can open about: pages via the location bar.

Alle antwurden (6)

What shows in the Sync tab?

Is that the Welcome to Sync screen with the "Get started" button?

hi cor-el,

the sync tab that opens up lists my "Firefox Account" with the option to manage or disconnect, then lists 6 types of items to check to sync (tabs, bookmarks, etc), and then has a cell for my "device name". but there is no button to perform a sync, and nothing seems to be happening...

Keazen oplossing

That means that you are connected to the Sync server.

What does it show on the about:sync-progress page? You can open about: pages via the location bar.

on the "about:sync-progress" page it says "Setup Complete" and then "Your data is now being encrypted and uploaded in the background. You can close this tab and continue using Firefox. "

ok I got it to work. just set up a new email account. not sure what fixed it but its fixed! thanks cor-el

I have installed and signed in to sync on both PC and Android tablet. My history has been synced but bookmarks have not come across to the tablet, although the appropriate box is ticked on both.

I tried entering about:sync-progress on both machines. "Setup Complete" appears on the PC but on the tablet I am told that the address isn't valid.

The sync tab that opens up lists my "Firefox Account" with no option to manage or disconnect.

How can I get round this?

Bewurke troch smcc42 op