Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Archivé

I get a message that says "The proxy server is refusing connections" that will not allow me to use the internet

wasteomana

I am attempting to connect my laptop to my home network. The internet connection works (I loaded up cmd and pinged yahoo with good results). But it is telling me that "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections."

I am attempting to connect my laptop to my home network. The internet connection works (I loaded up cmd and pinged yahoo with good results). But it is telling me that "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections."

Toutes les réponses (1)

In Firefox 3.6.4 and later the default connection settings have been changed to "Use the system proxy settings".

See "Firefox connection settings" in Server Not Found - Troubleshoot connection problems

You can find the connection settings in "Tools > Options > Advanced : Network : Connection"

If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then select No Proxy