Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu Archivé

Thunderbird chat features list (file transfer, pictures, voip)

daemoncan

Anyone have a list of the supported features of Thunderbird's chat functionality.

Send/recv pictures voice chat file send/recv etc.....

All I can find is pages with "How to setup, start a session and so on"

Anyone have a list of the supported features of Thunderbird's chat functionality. Send/recv pictures voice chat file send/recv etc..... All I can find is pages with "How to setup, start a session and so on"

Toutes les réponses (2)

Solution choisie

what is available depends on the server and the protocol.

Given Thunderbird chat implementation is a sub set of those provided by libpurple, the core of pidgin. I suggest you use their documentation.

You might even be better off using pidgin for chat

Yeah, I've got Pidgin installed. It's a bit too cutesy for a business, and the latest version doesn't support self-signed certs.

Tried sending pictures to Thunderbird via Conversations on Android and they just hung at "waiting......". Will find older version of Pidgin & give it a shot.


Tks for the info.