Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu Archivé

have 32 bit, want 64bit

EddieJ

Been using 32 bit for a long time and noticed I don't have the 64 bit ver of Firefox.

I am concerned I will loose all info when the 64 bit ver. installs to 'Program Files' directory instead of 

Program Files (x86).

I have windows 10 64 bit.
Been using 32 bit for a long time and noticed I don't have the 64 bit ver of Firefox. I am concerned I will loose all info when the 64 bit ver. installs to 'Program Files' directory instead of Program Files (x86). I have windows 10 64 bit.

Toutes les réponses (4)

Firefox comes in two or more folders on all computers. They are;

Maintenance: (Programs Folder) <Windows Only> Firefox itself: (Programs Folder) And one folder in the profile of each user on the computer.

If you remove the Firefox folder, the user folders would not be affected.


https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-tell-if-32-bit-or-64-bit


Solution choisie

Note that only the Shockwave Flash plugin and Silverlight plugins are enabled for the 64 bit Firefox version. If you need to use other plugins like Java or media players then you need to stay with 32 bit Firefox releases.

See also:

You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:

Guess I'll stay with the 32 bit ver then...ty both.

Hello,

I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If you haven't already, please select the answer that solves the problem. This will help other users with similar problems find the solution more easily.

Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.