Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Archivé

I want my Thunderbird to open to "inbox" every time, instead of the last email I had open. Add on didn't do it. Help! I have the latest version.

Paul102345

I would prefer not to "have to"" close out every email just to make Tbird open to the inbox. Suprised this isn't the default.

Also across the top are a bunch of annoying notices of emails i have recently read. I don't want them or need them there. I have to XXX them out all the time. Can I do something in settings where the display simply has the inbox emails showing on startup and maybe a preview pane below of the email i've highlighted?

I would prefer not to "have to"" close out every email just to make Tbird open to the inbox. Suprised this isn't the default. Also across the top are a bunch of annoying notices of emails i have recently read. I don't want them or need them there. I have to XXX them out all the time. Can I do something in settings where the display simply has the inbox emails showing on startup and maybe a preview pane below of the email i've highlighted?

Toutes les réponses (1)

Start closing messages after reading them if you do not want all the tabs. You can right click one tab and select Close Other Tabs to clean up the mess.

Better yet press F8 to turn the Message Pane on and read messages there instead of opening in tabs.

Thunderbird opens just like you close it. That is how it works.