Knowledge Base discussions

[In KB - Archive or Update?] Uninstalling add-ons

1. Disable or remove Add-ons

I think this article needs to be updated for Firefox 4. In Fx 4 the button to uninstall add-ons is "Remove" instead of "Uninstall" (Fx 3.6) and the "Add-ons Manager tab" replaced the "Add-ons window".

[[Uninstalling add-ons]] I think this article needs to be updated for Firefox 4. In Fx 4 the button to uninstall add-ons is "Remove" instead of "Uninstall" (Fx 3.6) and the "Add-ons Manager tab" replaced the "Add-ons window".
  2. "Themes" is now "Appearance".

Also need Firefox 4 screenshots and updated instructions for opening the Add-ons Manager tab in Firefox 4 based on the Open Add-ons template.

"Themes" is now "Appearance". Also need Firefox 4 screenshots and updated instructions for opening the Add-ons Manager tab in Firefox 4 based on the [/kb/templateopen-add-ons Open Add-ons template].

Modified by AliceWyman on

3. Hello, Alice ;)

Another article that needs to be updated for Firefox 4 (Themes/Appearance, Add-ons Window/Manager tab, etc.) is

Use themes to change the look of Firefox

Paragraphs: "How to switch themes", "How to remove themes and personas", and "How to update themes".

Hello, Alice ;) Another article that needs to be updated for Firefox 4 (Themes/Appearance, Add-ons Window/Manager tab, etc.) is [[Using themes with Firefox]] Paragraphs: "How to switch themes", "How to remove themes and personas", and "How to update themes".

Modified by Michele Rodaro on

4. Hi, michro,

I copied your last post to the thread on that article, /forums/knowledge-base-articles/703899

Hi, michro, I copied your last post to the thread on that article, [/forums/knowledge-base-articles/703899]
  5. I think we should archive this article. If you understand that you have add-ons (i.e. you've found the add-ons manager) there is a very obvious "remove" button next to each one. If you are unaware of add-ons and you're having a problem with them you wouldn't look for an article about uninstalling the thing you don't know about. In that case you'd be searching for the problem you're having and you'll come up with one of the numerous articles that either tell you how to disable extensions or points you to the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems. This is also one of our least viewed articles.

I think we should archive this article. If you understand that you have add-ons (i.e. you've found the add-ons manager) there is a very obvious "remove" button next to each one. If you are unaware of add-ons and you're having a problem with them you wouldn't look for an article about uninstalling the thing you don't know about. In that case you'd be searching for the problem you're having and you'll come up with one of the numerous articles that either tell you how to disable extensions or points you to the [[Troubleshooting extensions and themes]]. This is also one of our least viewed articles.
  6. If you decide to archive this article and not update it for Firefox 4 then you should change Cannot remove an add-on (extension or theme) which currently says, at the top of the article,
    This article describes how to uninstall an extension or theme that cannot be removed by following the instructions in Disable or remove Add-ons.
    ....since those instructions will be obsolete.

If you decide to archive this article and not update it for Firefox 4 then you should change [[Cannot uninstall an add-on]] which currently says, at the top of the article, <br> ''This article describes how to uninstall an [[Using extensions with Firefox|extension]] or [[Using themes with Firefox|theme]] that cannot be removed by following the instructions in [[Uninstalling add-ons]]. ''<br> ....since those instructions will be obsolete.

Modified by AliceWyman on

7. AliceWyman said

If you decide to archive this article and not update it for Firefox 4 then you should change Cannot remove an add-on (extension or theme) which currently says, at the top of the article,
    This article describes how to uninstall an extension or theme that cannot be removed by following the instructions in Disable or remove Add-ons.
    ....since those instructions will be obsolete.

Yep. Thanks for pointing that out.

''AliceWyman [[#post-35848|said]]'' <blockquote> If you decide to archive this article and not update it for Firefox 4 then you should change [[Cannot uninstall an add-on]] which currently says, at the top of the article, <br> ''This article describes how to uninstall an [[Using extensions with Firefox|extension]] or [[Using themes with Firefox|theme]] that cannot be removed by following the instructions in [[Uninstalling add-ons]]. ''<br> ....since those instructions will be obsolete. </blockquote> Yep. Thanks for pointing that out.