Knowledge Base discussions

[In KB] Options window - Privacy panel

1. Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track

I updated this for Fx4 – new screenshots, fixed {for}, updated the use custom settings for history section

[[Options window - Privacy panel]] I updated this for Fx4 – new screenshots, fixed {for}, updated the use custom settings for history section
  2. I made a new revision with the template version of the link back to the Options Window article at the bottom: Template:backtoOptionsPreferences

I made a new revision with the template version of the link back to the Options Window article at the bottom: Template:backtoOptionsPreferences
  3. Cheng reviewed and made a few changes - I approved.

Cheng reviewed and made a few changes - I approved.
  4. See [/forums/knowledge-base-articles/706250 this thread].
  5. AlanBaxter said in another thread

The article for Fx 4 says that history is retained for at least 90 days. This is no longer true starting with Fx 4.0. I've updated the article to be consistent with this change in Firefox. I submitted two edits because the first one had a couple of typos. https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options%20window%20-%20Privacy%20panel/history
    ''AlanBaxter [https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forums/knowledge-base-articles/706250 said in another thread]'' <blockquote> The article for Fx 4 says that history is retained for at least 90 days. This is no longer true starting with Fx 4.0. I've updated the article to be consistent with this change in Firefox. I submitted two edits because the first one had a couple of typos. https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options%20window%20-%20Privacy%20panel/history </blockquote>
  6. I approved it.

I approved it.
  7. I updated this for fx5. I added DNT info and new screenshots, I made the {for} section in the intro easier to maintain, and I deleted fx3 info.

I updated this for fx5. I added DNT info and new screenshots, I made the {for} section in the intro easier to maintain, and I deleted fx3 info.
  8. There's something wrong for a screenshot on Linux for Firefox 4.

There's something wrong for a screenshot on Linux for Firefox 4.
  9. scoobidiver said

There's something wrong for a screenshot on Linux for Firefox 4.

The firefox 4 screenshots have the sync panel last since they changed that very late in the beta cycle. They're the same screenshots that have been there for fx4 since the end of January. Am I missing something else?

''scoobidiver [[#post-39387|said]]'' <blockquote> There's something wrong for a screenshot on Linux for Firefox 4. </blockquote> The firefox 4 screenshots have the sync panel last since they changed that very late in the beta cycle. They're the same screenshots that have been there for fx4 since the end of January. Am I missing something else?
  10. Verdi said

Am I missing something else?

{for linux,fx5} instead of {for linux}.

''Verdi [[#post-39413|said]]'' <blockquote> Am I missing something else? </blockquote> {for linux,fx5} instead of {for linux}.
  11. ah! got it.

ah! got it.
  12. Cww approved

Cww approved
  13. I'd like everyone to consider this article locked for the next week or so. We're about to tell localizers that it's ok to update it. On Tuesday, 6/14 the ready for localization feature is scheduled to be live. Then we can mark this current revision as ready for localization and then carry on with any other updates we wish to make without disturbing localization. Then in about six weeks, if necessary, we can mark a new revision as the one for localizers to work on.

Locking thread. New discussion should be posted here: /en-US/kb/Options%20window%20-%20Priv.../discuss aw

I'd like everyone to consider this article locked for the next week or so. We're about to tell localizers that it's ok to update it. On Tuesday, 6/14 the [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=639806 ready for localization feature] is scheduled to be live. Then we can mark this current revision as ready for localization and then carry on with any other updates we wish to make without disturbing localization. Then in about six weeks, if necessary, we can mark a new revision as the one for localizers to work on. <br> ''Locking thread. New discussion should be posted here: [/en-US/kb/Options%20window%20-%20Privacy%20panel/discuss] aw''

Modified by AliceWyman on