Knowledge Base discussions

[In KB] What are App Tabs?

1. This is a new article for a Fx 4 feature. It's on the staging server (I've been testing the new KB and saving my documents locally): What are App Tabs?

EDIT: Here is a link to the new article: Pinned Tabs - keep favorite websites open and just a click away .... aw

This is a new article for a Fx 4 feature. It's on the staging server (I've been testing the new KB and saving my documents locally): [https://support-stage.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/what-are-app-tabs What are App Tabs?] ''EDIT: Here is a link to the new article: [[What are App Tabs?]] .... aw ''

Modified by AliceWyman on

2. I added a screencast to the article and approved it.

I added a screencast to the article and approved it.
  3. There are two unrelated revisions in pending review.

There are two unrelated revisions in pending review.
  4. There are now three unrelated revisions in pending review.

I'd also like the same troubleshooting sections as in this revision of Firefox does not ask to save tabs and windows on exit. Maybe a template is needed.

There are now three unrelated revisions in pending review. I'd also like the same troubleshooting sections as in this [/en-US/kb/Firefox%20does%20not%20ask%20to%20save%20tabs%20and%20windows%20on%20exit/revision/14202 revision of Firefox does not ask to save tabs and windows on exit]. Maybe a template is needed.
  5. scoobidiver said

I'd also like the same troubleshooting sections as in this revision of Firefox does not ask to save tabs and windows on exit. Maybe a template is needed.

I made a new revision to that article and suggested renaming it "Problems restoring tabs and windows from your last session" (or similar) and using it as a troubleshooting article that you can link to from other articles. See the discussion here: /forums/knowledge-base-articles/705294

''scoobidiver [[#post-36049|said]]'' <blockquote> I'd also like the same troubleshooting sections as in this [/en-US/kb/Firefox%20does%20not%20ask%20to%20save%20tabs%20and%20windows%20on%20exit/revision/14202 revision of Firefox does not ask to save tabs and windows on exit]. Maybe a template is needed. </blockquote> I made a [/kb/Firefox%20does%20not%20ask%20to%20save%20tabs%20and%20windows%20on%20exit/revision/14209 new revision] to that article and suggested renaming it "Problems restoring tabs and windows from your last session" (or similar) and using it as a troubleshooting article that you can link to from other articles. See the discussion here: [/forums/knowledge-base-articles/705294]

6. I took care of the pending revisions.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think we need that long troubleshooting section because people who change those settings do it specifically to prevent tabs from opening on startup. We might just add a small reminder about this here but I don't think it needs a whole new troubleshooting section.

I took care of the pending revisions. Like I said in the other thread, I don't think we need that long troubleshooting section because people who change those settings do it specifically to prevent tabs from opening on startup. We might just add a small reminder about this here but I don't think it needs a whole new troubleshooting section.
  7. Verdi said

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think we need that long troubleshooting section because people who change those settings do it specifically to prevent tabs from opening on startup. We might just add a small reminder about this here but I don't think it needs a whole new troubleshooting section.

This problem of losing App Tabs after the browser restart is common.

Here are discussion thread #1, discussion thread #2, discussion thread #3, and discussion thread #4.

If you don't want to change How do I restore my tabs from last time? or add a big template, then duplicate its Firefox 3.6 troubleshooting section in a new troubleshooting section of Restore previous session - Configure when Firefox shows your most recent tabs and windows and add a link to this section in Pinned Tabs - keep favorite websites open and just a click away.

''Verdi [[#post-36155|said]]'' <blockquote> Like I said in the other thread, I don't think we need that long troubleshooting section because people who change those settings do it specifically to prevent tabs from opening on startup. We might just add a small reminder about this here but I don't think it needs a whole new troubleshooting section. </blockquote> This problem of losing App Tabs after the browser restart is common. Here are [/en-US/kb/what-are-app-tabs/discuss/475 discussion thread #1], [/en-US/kb/what-are-app-tabs/discuss/761 discussion thread #2], [/en-US/kb/what-are-app-tabs/discuss/549 discussion thread #3], and [/en-US/kb/what-are-app-tabs/discuss/1009 discussion thread #4]. If you don't want to change [[Firefox does not ask to save tabs and windows on exit]] or add a big template, then duplicate its Firefox 3.6 troubleshooting section in a new troubleshooting section of [[Session Restore]] and add a link to this section in [[What are App Tabs?]].
  8. FYI we had a testing mishap this afternoon. :( App Tabs got a major (out of date) approval by accident. The article is restored but localized version have the out of date warning on them now. If the translation was up to date, you'll just have to update the translation but make no changes. Kadir will email locale leaders about it.

Locking. Continue discussion here: /en-US/kb/what-are-app-tabs/discuss aw

FYI we had a testing mishap this afternoon. :( App Tabs got a major (out of date) approval by accident. The article is restored but localized version have the out of date warning on them now. If the translation was up to date, you'll just have to update the translation but make no changes. Kadir will email locale leaders about it. <br> ''Locking. Continue discussion here: [/en-US/kb/what-are-app-tabs/discuss] aw''