SUMO community discussions

accounts.firefox.com broken in Firefox 57 and older versions ?

1. I noticed that I couldn't login to my SUMO account in Firefox 52, so I did some testing

messages in the Web Console:

https://accounts.firefox.com
    45:SyntaxError: invalid for/in left-hand side app.bundle.en_US.js:1:26749
    52:SyntaxError: invalid property id  app.bundle.en_US.js:1:65334
    57:SyntaxError: missing ( before catch  app.bundle.en_US.js:9:451941

Firefox 58 and later work for me.
    This would mean that users on Window XP or other platforms with Firefox 52-57 won't be able to login to this forum and ask questions.

I noticed that I couldn't login to my SUMO account in Firefox 52, so I did some testing messages in the Web Console: https://accounts.firefox.com 45:SyntaxError: invalid for/in left-hand side app.bundle.en_US.js:1:26749 52:SyntaxError: invalid property id app.bundle.en_US.js:1:65334 57:SyntaxError: missing ( before catch app.bundle.en_US.js:9:451941 Firefox 58 and later work for me.<br>This would mean that users on Window XP or other platforms with Firefox 52-57 won't be able to login to this forum and ask questions.
  2. I filed a bug report: Can't log in to Mozilla.org https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1655280
  3. I cannot login at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2 or Firefox 52.9.0esr either.

Would like to use SeaMonkey since I have or rather had a dark Styles in use for support.mozilla.org that I cannot get working in recent Firefox versions. This site is rather bothersome to look at long due to being so white/bright.

FredMcD said

I filed a bug report: Can't log in to Mozilla.org

You mean accounts.firefox.com as mozilla.org could mean anything and Bugzilla does not use Firefox Accounts.

I cannot login at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2 or Firefox 52.9.0esr either. Would like to use SeaMonkey since I have or rather had a dark Styles in use for support.mozilla.org that I cannot get working in recent Firefox versions. This site is rather bothersome to look at long due to being so white/bright. ''FredMcD [[#post-79216|said]]'' <blockquote> I filed a bug report: Can't log in to Mozilla.org </blockquote> You mean '''accounts.firefox.com''' as mozilla.org could mean anything and Bugzilla does not use Firefox Accounts.

Modified by James on

4. That is what I stated in the bug report.

That is what I stated in the bug report.
  5. You have no problem with Bugzilla as it does not use Firefox Accounts. Only some of the *.mozilla.org logins even use the Firefox Accounts.

You have no problem with Bugzilla as it does not use Firefox Accounts. Only some of the *.mozilla.org logins even use the Firefox Accounts.
  6. You can possibly link the bug report to this thread and write that users on Windows XP that can't update to current Firefox releases are affected as well, i.e. they can't login and ask for help (Firefox 52 ESR is the last version for this platform).

You can possibly link the bug report to this thread and write that users on Windows XP that can't update to current Firefox releases are affected as well, i.e. they can't login and ask for help (Firefox 52 ESR is the last version for this platform).
  7. James said

I cannot login at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2

I have no problem logging in at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2 (User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53.2)

''James [[#post-79217|said]]'' <blockquote> I cannot login at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2 </blockquote> I have no problem logging in at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2 (User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53.2)
  8. I have faced the same issue. When I created the firefox account. I think my account doesn't exist or I don't know whats happen with my account.accounts.firefox.com..

I have faced the same issue. When I created the firefox account. I think my account doesn't exist or I don't know whats happen with my account.[http://example.com accounts.firefox.com][https://thesmokerreviews.com ..]

Modified by David on

9. What browser and browser version are you using ?

When you experience this issue then you only see a spinning loader on the accounts.firefox.com website and no content is visible and the Web Console shows an error in app.bundle.en_US.js.

If you do not see this then you have a different issue and you can check for issues caused by content blocking extensions and possibly clear cache and cookies.

What browser and browser version are you using ? When you experience this issue then you only see a spinning loader on the accounts.firefox.com website and no content is visible and the Web Console shows an error in app.bundle.en_US.js. If you do not see this then you have a different issue and you can check for issues caused by content blocking extensions and possibly clear cache and cookies. ---- *"3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Web Developer *https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Tools/Web_Console
  10. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1655280#c5

Wil Clouser said

Comment 5 - Thanks for filing this issue. As Lina mentioned, 54 is not a supported version of Firefox anymore so I'm going to close this bug.

FredMcD said Comment 6 - Just now I would still like to know why I can't log in. One day it works, the next it doesn't? What did they do? And the reason you gave sounds more like a cop-out.

There are many like me that don't like Quantum, or for whatever reason, can not update because of issues or other reasons.

For over a decade, many have complained that Firefox is being less than it once was. Taking away good things that made the browser the best on the web. Even taking away the legacy extensions.

It's one thing to upgrade something. It's quite another to ruin it in the process.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1655280#c5 Wil Clouser said Comment 5 - Thanks for filing this issue. As Lina mentioned, 54 is not a supported version of Firefox anymore so I'm going to close this bug. FredMcD said Comment 6 - Just now I would still like to know why I can't log in. One day it works, the next it doesn't? What did they do? And the reason you gave sounds more like a cop-out. There are many like me that don't like Quantum, or for whatever reason, can not update because of issues or other reasons. For over a decade, many have complained that Firefox is being less than it once was. Taking away good things that made the browser the best on the web. Even taking away the legacy extensions. It's one thing to upgrade something. It's quite another to ruin it in the process.
  11. Hello all,

The Accounts team only supports the last 2 versions of ESR which means the oldest version of Firefox that will work with FXA is version 60.

I am working with the SUMO platform team to add some messaging targeted at users with older versions of Firefox and tells them they will need to use another device with a current version of Firefox in order to post a question.

Hello all, The Accounts team only supports the last 2 versions of ESR which means the oldest version of Firefox that will work with FXA is version 60. I am working with the SUMO platform team to add some messaging targeted at users with older versions of Firefox and tells them they will need to use another device with a current version of Firefox in order to post a question.
  12. But this means that users on a platform like Windows XP and Vista are locked out of asking support because they can't update beyond Firefox 52. Maybe this should be added to this article to inform these users that they need to go elsewhere for support (e.g. mozillaZine).

Isn't it possible to at least investigate what changes to app.bundle.en_US.js are responsible for this regression (see the question content for Web Console details) ?

But this means that users on a platform like Windows XP and Vista are locked out of asking support because they can't update beyond Firefox 52. Maybe this should be added to this article to inform these users that they need to go elsewhere for support (e.g. mozillaZine). *https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/end-support-windows-xp-and-vista Isn't it possible to at least investigate what changes to app.bundle.en_US.js are responsible for this regression (see the question content for Web Console details) ?
  13. That is what I said in the bug report.

FredMcD said

There are many like me that don't like Quantum, or for whatever reason, can not update because of issues or other reasons.
    That is what I said in the bug report. ''FredMcD [[#post-79252|said]]'' <blockquote> There are many like me that don't like Quantum, or for whatever reason, can not update because of issues or other reasons. </blockquote>
  14. Is there a way to change the User Agent so that I can gain access?

Is there a way to change the User Agent so that I can gain access?
  15. cor-el said

But this means that users on a platform like Windows XP and Vista are locked out of asking support because they can't update beyond Firefox 52. Maybe this should be added to this article to inform these users that they need to go elsewhere for support (e.g. mozillaZine).

I added this note to the top of the Firefox has ended support for Windows XP and Vista article ( I didn't mark it RFL since I don't know if it's needed for other locales):

{note}Note: You will not be able to log in to Mozilla Support to ask a question using Firefox version 57 or older. For other support resources, see Get community support - Additional resources.{/note}

{note}Note: You won't be able to sign in to Mozilla Support using Firefox version 52.9.0esr or older. Either use a different device or see Get community support - Additional resources for other support options.{/note}

The Get community support article includes mozillaZine and reddit forums, as well as newsgroup links, under the Additional resources section.

''cor-el [[#post-79268|said]]'' <blockquote> But this means that users on a platform like Windows XP and Vista are locked out of asking support because they can't update beyond Firefox 52. Maybe this should be added to this article to inform these users that they need to go elsewhere for support (e.g. mozillaZine). *https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/end-support-windows-xp-and-vista </blockquote> I added this note to the top of the [[Important - Firefox has ended support for Windows XP and Vista|Firefox has ended support for Windows XP and Vista]] article ( I didn't mark it RFL since I don't know if it's needed for other locales): <s>{note}'''Note:''' You will not be able to log in to [https://support.mozilla.org/ Mozilla Support] to ask a question using Firefox version 57 or older. For other support resources, see [[Get community support#w_additional-resources|Get community support - Additional resources]].{/note}</s> {note}'''Note:''' You won't be able to sign in to [https://support.mozilla.org/ Mozilla Support] using Firefox version 52.9.0esr or older. Either use a different device or see [[Get community support#w_additional-resources|Get community support - Additional resources]] for other support options.{/note} The [[Get community support#w_additional-resources]] article includes mozillaZine and reddit forums, as well as newsgroup links, under the Additional resources section.

Modified by AliceWyman on

16. I also have a revision pending to the Mozilla account on support.mozilla.org (firefox-accounts-mozilla-support-faq article) to add this paragraph (I'll wait for feedback before approving):

What if I can't sign in with a new or existing Firefox Account and want to ask for support?

Firefox Accounts currently supports Firefox version 60 and above. You will not be able to sign in to Mozilla Support if you are using an older version of Firefox. Either use a different browser or device, or see Get community support - Additional resources for other support options. Firefox Accounts does not support very old versions of Firefox. Try using a different browser or device to sign in to Mozilla Support or see Get community support - Additional resources for other support options.

I also have a revision pending to the [[Firefox Accounts on support.mozilla.org]] (firefox-accounts-mozilla-support-faq article) to add this paragraph (I'll wait for feedback before approving): =What if I can't sign in with a new or existing Firefox Account and want to ask for support?= <s>Firefox Accounts currently supports [[Find what version of Firefox you are using|Firefox version]] 60 and above. You will not be able to sign in to Mozilla Support if you are using an older version of Firefox. Either use a different browser or device, or see [[Get community support#w_additional-resources|Get community support - Additional resources]] for other support options.</s> Firefox Accounts does not support very old versions of Firefox. Try using a different browser or device to sign in to Mozilla Support or see [[Get community support#w_additional-resources|Get community support - Additional resources]] for other support options. <!-- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/714351 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1655280 -->

17. AliceWyman said

James said
    I cannot login at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2

I have no problem logging in at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2 (User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53.2)

To clarify, I have "Advertise Firefox compatibility" turned off in Advanced HTTP Networking preferences, which results in the above user agent.

I just tried in another SeaMonkey profile with "Advertise Firefox compatibility" selected and I can't sign in to Mozilla Support (I see a spinning loader). That profile shows the following UA: User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.2

When I deselect "Advertise Firefox compatibility" in that profile's preferences, I can sign in.

''AliceWyman [[#post-79224|said]]'' <blockquote> ''James [[#post-79217|said]]'' <blockquote> I cannot login at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2 </blockquote> I have no problem logging in at accounts.firefox.com with SeaMonkey 2.53.2 (User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53.2) </blockquote> To clarify, I have "Advertise Firefox compatibility" turned off in Advanced HTTP Networking preferences, which results in the above user agent. I just tried in another SeaMonkey profile with "Advertise Firefox compatibility" selected and I can't sign in to Mozilla Support (I see a spinning loader). That profile shows the following UA: <sub>User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.2</sub> When I deselect "Advertise Firefox compatibility" in that profile's preferences, I can sign in.

18. It seems like the "Advertise Firefox compatibility" was the culprit as I am able to sign in with SeaMonkey now.

I find you can enable the "Advertise Firefox compatibility" afterwards and still be logged in on Sumo as it only needs to be unchecked if you are signing in Firefox account.

It seems like the "Advertise Firefox compatibility" was the culprit as I am able to sign in with SeaMonkey now. I find you can enable the "Advertise Firefox compatibility" afterwards and still be logged in on Sumo as it only needs to be unchecked if you are signing in Firefox account.

Modified by James on