Showing questions for topic:

The free firefox 50GB browser vpn fully cuts my browser's wifi connection, potential DNS over HTTPs issues.

Whenever I turn the free 50GN Firefox VPN on, regardless of the set VPN location, my connection immediately cuts. I've tried refreshing Firefox, raising and lowering my s… (read more)

Whenever I turn the free 50GN Firefox VPN on, regardless of the set VPN location, my connection immediately cuts. I've tried refreshing Firefox, raising and lowering my security and DNS over HTTPs settings, clearing DNS cache, and updating Firefox, but none of these attempts fixed it. I can tell its the VPN since everything will load again after I turn it off.

When I had my DNS over HTTPs set to default, it used to say I was connected to cloudflare, but after trying the VPN with it set to off or custom, it now says "DNS over HTTPs is off" when set to default. When I turned on the VPN while the default setting was on, it gave me an error message regarding cloudflare that I can't remember or recreate now that the "DNS over HTTPs is off" at all times. It will only say I'm using cloudflare on the custom setting.

I had a similar issue to this issue a couple months ago, but I resolved it by putting my security settings to default. This time, it seems to be a bit more complex than that.

Open 2

Multi-account containers and Mozilla VPN

Using Mozilla VPN (Flathub version 2.39), Firefox Multi-account Containers won't let me assign a location per container as it did with the APT version - instead, under ea… (read more)

Using Mozilla VPN (Flathub version 2.39), Firefox Multi-account Containers won't let me assign a location per container as it did with the APT version - instead, under each container config it just says "Get Mozilla VPN" on a blue button.

But it does use the old config I had (so my old "US" container still exits in the USA, for instance).

This occurred on my old Ubuntu 24.04 system, using Gnome desktop; and also now on my new KDE system (Plasma 6.7.4) even if I tweak "configure permissions" in Discover to allow access to everything.

Any help gratefully received!

Open 7

I allready have windows vpn and do not need a 50 GB vpn from mozilla how do I remove it?

I already have a windows vpn and do not want the mozilla vpn subscription when i run out of the free 50 gb of data. How do i disable it ? It seems you are only trying to … (read more)

I already have a windows vpn and do not want the mozilla vpn subscription when i run out of the free 50 gb of data. How do i disable it ?

It seems you are only trying to monetise it instead of being of service like you always were.

Thank you

Solved 4

vpn is not turning on.

I am trying to activate VPN feature but it will not turn on. It remains in the X status even though message says its activated.

Open

South Africa is included in the country list, but the South African Sites don't work with VPN any more.

My VPN used to work perfectly with my South African sites. Since I've downloaded the new Beta version of Firefox, things have become unstable, and the South African sites… (read more)

My VPN used to work perfectly with my South African sites. Since I've downloaded the new Beta version of Firefox, things have become unstable, and the South African sites - mainly my dictionaries (which I use daily because I'm a translator) - don't work any more.

South Africa is one of the countries on the list, but when I open the VPN now, it says South Africa is unavailable, which had never been the case before.

Please help me sort it out. I can't take screenshots of the problem. When I go to the country list from the VPN, the dialogue box disappears.

Solved 10

I am unable to put on my VPN, it redirects me to the beginscreen everytime, what do I do?

When i click on the blue get started button on the Try Firefoxes built on vpn pop up, i get the screen where i need to put in my email. After that it says signed in succe… (read more)

When i click on the blue get started button on the Try Firefoxes built on vpn pop up, i get the screen where i need to put in my email. After that it says signed in succesfully, but i just get the Try firefoxes built in vpn pop up again. I'm stuck in a loop :(

Open 1

Firefox browser’s VPN shows the location as the United States, but the actual IP address is in Manila, Philippines.

Firefox’s built-in VPN shows the VPN location as the United States, but websites and IP-location services detect my IP address as being in Manila, Philippines. Because th… (read more)

Firefox’s built-in VPN shows the VPN location as the United States, but websites and IP-location services detect my IP address as being in Manila, Philippines. Because the IP address is not actually located in the United States, I encounter frequent CAPTCHA challenges and location-related issues.

Please investigate whether the VPN is routing my traffic through the selected U.S. location correctly. Firefox version: 156.0

Thank you for your assistance.

Open 2

How to find diverse VPN server locations, including UK.

The first time after setup I selected UK as location so that I could visit BBC.co.uk rather than the Americanised version of the site (.com). The second time I signed on… (read more)

The first time after setup I selected UK as location so that I could visit BBC.co.uk rather than the Americanised version of the site (.com). The second time I signed on, the UK option and most others had disappeared. Now no option works for me. Each option redirects me to BBC.COM. How can I get back the other options?

Open 2