Showing questions for topic:

firefox isn't restoring my tabs from previous session

After a recent update, all my tabs disappeared. I had set them in tab groups. It's all gone. This is despite having settings selected to restore tabs from previous sessio… (read more)

After a recent update, all my tabs disappeared. I had set them in tab groups. It's all gone. This is despite having settings selected to restore tabs from previous session on opening.

Open 4

Tab Groups gone!

Hi All, I had several tab groups. I open and save and close them every day. but since yesterdayI cant find them at all. If I create a new tab group it appears but those o… (read more)

Hi All,

I had several tab groups. I open and save and close them every day. but since yesterdayI cant find them at all. If I create a new tab group it appears but those old tab groups not! I've tested troubleshooting mode but noting.  

Firefox 154.0 (aarch64), macOS 26.6.2.

Solved 4 2

Closed Tab Groups can't be found

I had multiple tab groups which I had chosen to save and close. These tab groups have now completely disappeared and I cannot find them. When I began using Tab Groups, I … (read more)

I had multiple tab groups which I had chosen to save and close. These tab groups have now completely disappeared and I cannot find them. When I began using Tab Groups, I had checked and there was no information stating that unopened tab groups would be deleted. I want these groups back. If I had known Tab Groups would disappear, I would have saved my tabs into a folder. The only Tab Groups that show up now are under "Recent tab groups". If tab groups are going to be deleted after a set period of time, it should be stated clearly in the tab group settings. It would also be really useful to archive them into a bookmarked folder so people don't unexpectedly lose hours of research.

Open 3 1

Opening new tabs order messed up since the latest update?

There was something changed with the latest update 156.0.1 in regards to how new tabs open. I have been using the extension "Always right" for years as I wanted all my ne… (read more)

There was something changed with the latest update 156.0.1 in regards to how new tabs open. I have been using the extension "Always right" for years as I wanted all my newly opened tabs and bookmarked websites to open right next to the one I am at, in order that I open them in. Had no issues until the recent update. So tabs and bookmarks.

To explain this better, lets start with tabs only. Scenario 1 - say the tab I am on is "youtube" and the tab right from it at this moment is "google" tab. So: youtube > google > rest of tabs. While on youtube, I click on 3 videos/links from that "youtube" tab to be opened as new tabs, in the order that I want to watch them, using the middle mouse button. It used to open them in order: youtube > 1st vid > 2nd > 3rd > google > rest. In other words, it pushed the "google" tab and opened the new video tabs in order that I clicked them in between the two. Scenario 2 - bookmarked toolbar links. They behave similar but slightly different since opening those instantly jumps to the tab, which is fine. If I use the middle mouse button to open amazon for example while I am on the "youtube" tab, it would do the same thing: youtube > amazon > google > rest, only it will instantly jump to amazon, but the important part is that amazon is next to the tab I was on (youtube in this case).

Now though, in scenario 1 with tabs, if I open 3 new video tabs from the "youtube" tab, the LATEST one is the one that ends up next to the first one, so youtube > 3rd video > 2nd > 1st > google > rest. In other words, ANY new tab is forced next to the current one, rather than in the order of opening like it was before.

Turning the extension off "fixes" scenario 1 and opens them in order again, but then opening a bookmarked website from your toolbar shoots you ALL THE WAY to the right. So scenario 2 is ruined. To extend on the previous example from scenario 2, if I have "youtube" and "google" is next to it, and I go to open amazon from my toolbar, it goes youtube > google > rest > amazon. With 3 tabs that might not be that big of an issue, but when you have 100 tabs and I am currently doing work on tab 1, your bookmarked link that you just opened with middle mouse button suddenly catapults you and opens as 101 instead of 2... I hope this is a bit clearer as to why it is a problem. You could have both scenarios work before with just this simple extension, but the update is now forcing me to choose between tabs opening properly in order as they should OR bookmark toolbar links opening next to the one I am on.

If there was some change to how tabs open in the latest update and the idea was to no longer need the extension, can we at least have the option to ALSO have any new websites opened from the bookmark toolbar open NEXT to our current one rather than at the very end?

Solved 3

Firefox restores my old tabs on start up even if I dont want it.

I am using Firefox on Linux Ubuntu 26.04. I normally work with multiple tabs. Then I quit Firefox with all tabs open at the point of quitting. Some times on the rare oc… (read more)

I am using Firefox on Linux Ubuntu 26.04. I normally work with multiple tabs. Then I quit Firefox with all tabs open at the point of quitting. Some times on the rare occasion there can be a forced quit due to some issues. In my settings I have configured it not to open the previous tabs. In fact I want a blank page. But whenever I reopen Firefox, it opens those tabs and tries to reload which is annoying. Some of these pages take a long time to reload, and why would I want to look at tabs which I already have read. Or if it crashes due to some website on a tab why reopen something that crashed in the place ? Can you fix this. Thanks.

Solved 8 60

Dragging tabs opens mission control unintentionally

When I try to drag tabs to reorder them, while I'm dragging it, it shows a small transparent preview at my mouse cursor. After about 1 second of dragging it, my Mac enter… (read more)

When I try to drag tabs to reorder them, while I'm dragging it, it shows a small transparent preview at my mouse cursor. After about 1 second of dragging it, my Mac enters mission control as if i pressed the F3 key. When i let go, it opens the tab i dragged into a separate window. This happens even when i haven't dragged the tab out of the toolbar.

Open 2

Tabs do not save once browser is closed

Recently my browser has not been saving my tabs once I close Firefox. Every time redo the tabs and then close the browser, the next time i open up Firefox, they all disap… (read more)

Recently my browser has not been saving my tabs once I close Firefox. Every time redo the tabs and then close the browser, the next time i open up Firefox, they all disappear. In the Home and Startup settings, the Open previous windows and tabs is checked. I still have the closed tab history but it still doesn't save the tabs after closing the browser down.

Solved 2

I am failing to enable vertical tabs on windows 11 firefox browser

I have installed the firefox browser using a firefox installer version 18.5.0.0. However, when I try to switch to vertical tabs, they are not activating, even when I try … (read more)

I have installed the firefox browser using a firefox installer version 18.5.0.0. However, when I try to switch to vertical tabs, they are not activating, even when I try to click the sidebar button. Attached are screenshots showing a horizontal tab view working, while the vertical tab view is not working. How can I resolve this?

Solved 2

Sites don't recover after canceling a browser

Everything was ok, but exidently (maybe after some update) my firefox browser just stopped recovering my pages after closing and reopening it. YES, it is turned on in set… (read more)

Everything was ok, but exidently (maybe after some update) my firefox browser just stopped recovering my pages after closing and reopening it. YES, it is turned on in settings and I tried every single advice I found, this [bad] browser just don' do it. I don't have extensions. There are backups files in sessionstore-backups, but it doesn't load it. I looked at sessionstore-logs there was a one error(date is about time recovery stopped working), which was caused by lack of free space on my disk, but now I have a lot of free space and it still doesn't work

Open 2

Tabs do not stay visible at top of page and I can't fix it

I am stuck in full screen. I can get back to the tab menu by moving my mouse but I have arthritis in my hands and every extra movement makes it harder for me to use my … (read more)

I am stuck in full screen. I can get back to the tab menu by moving my mouse but I have arthritis in my hands and every extra movement makes it harder for me to use my computer, in addition to the flipping back and forth being incredibly annoying. I am going to have to use a different browser if I can't find a way to stop this. There must be an easy fix but I can't find anything in settings that helps.

Solved 1

All my container tabs dissapeared.

I had maybe 8 to 15 container tabs, and they have all disappeared a few times before, i was a bit bothered but i didnt have anything too important there, but this time i … (read more)

I had maybe 8 to 15 container tabs, and they have all disappeared a few times before, i was a bit bothered but i didnt have anything too important there, but this time i had a few container tabs that had stuff that i had to keep there because i wouldnt remember them. now they are all gone, and it really annoying and i dont know how to get them back.

Open 1

Button "Save windows and tabs of the current session" is no longer available in the current Firefox version 152.0.1

Hello everyone, Until a few days ago, Firefox version 140.12.0esr included a button to "Save windows and tabs of the current! session." Unfortunately, this feature is no … (read more)

Hello everyone, Until a few days ago, Firefox version 140.12.0esr included a button to "Save windows and tabs of the current! session." Unfortunately, this feature is no longer available in the current version, 152.0.1. However, for many Firefox users, saving the windows and tabs of the current! session is absolutely essential. What options are there now to resolve this issue? I would appreciate any suggestions! If there is no way to restore this feature, I, too, will unfortunately have to switch browsers after 20 years as a Firefox user. Many thanks in advance for your help and any information. Best regards, Norbert

Open 6 20

Does Mozilla have any other pre-labeled container names?

I have labeled 4 containers as Personal1, Personal2, etc for use with the four websites I have Firefox "remember for the next time I open the browser. I'm certain I could… (read more)

I have labeled 4 containers as Personal1, Personal2, etc for use with the four websites I have Firefox "remember for the next time I open the browser. I'm certain I could come up with additional names if need be, but was wondering if Mozilla had devised any container names other than Personal, Work, Shopping, Banking, and Facebook.

Open

Make "ask before closing multiple tabs" the default behavior on fresh install

Make "ask before closing multiple tabs" the default behavior on fresh install I've lost count of how many times a new installation of Firefox has caused frustration closi… (read more)

Make "ask before closing multiple tabs" the default behavior on fresh install

I've lost count of how many times a new installation of Firefox has caused frustration closing multiple tabs without warning. This should not even be a feature. It is a defect that has existed for years in Firefox. Every new installation comes with this option disabled, so when trying to close just one tab after a fresh install users accidentally close the window with every tab, without asking "are you sure?"

The confirmation box "are you sure?" should be the default behavior, not a "go into settings and fix that after it is too late" because realizing that the problem is there should not be a condition for the user to realize the option is not on. Fix this on next and upcoming releases, please. For God's sake. I'm tired of loosing progress every time after a new installation of Firefox, and I'm sure millions of users have faced same frustration, at some point, including you.

this is not a question. It is a bug report.

Best,

Ronald Ramires

Open 1

Facebook Reels "Learn More" links failing to open in new tabs since Firefox 156.0 update

Hi everyone,I’m hoping to get some insight into a frustrating issue I’ve encountered since updating to Firefox 156.0 (64-bit). Prior to this update, clicking the "Learn … (read more)

Hi everyone,I’m hoping to get some insight into a frustrating issue I’ve encountered since updating to Firefox 156.0 (64-bit).

Prior to this update, clicking the "Learn More" bar on a Facebook Reels advertisement would consistently open the advertiser's website in a new tab. Since the update, this behavior has broken:

Overlays instead of new tabs: Clicking "Learn More" now frequently opens a contact form or internal Facebook page directly over the ad, rather than launching an external tab.

Instant tab crashes/disappearing tabs: On certain advertisements (for example, Subaru Australia), Firefox attempts to trigger a new tab, but the tab immediately closes and disappears roughly one second later.

I only click these links when I am genuinely interested in a product (like shopping for a new car), and I prefer to review them in a separate tab.

Because this was working perfectly right up until the Firefox 156.0 release, I am trying to narrow down the root cause. Could a default setting have changed in the new Firefox update (such as strict popup blocking or tracking protection stripping ad parameters), or is this a simultaneous coding change made by Facebook to force users to stay on their platform?

(Note: I've attached a screenshot of the page overlay I now commonly see instead of the external link.)Any advice on settings I can tweak to restore the old behavior would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Open