firefox isn't restoring my tabs from previous session
After a recent update, all my tabs disappeared. I had set them in tab groups. It's all gone. This is despite having settings selected to restore tabs from previous session on opening.
All Replies (4)
Are your bookmarks still available?
If not, probably you need to find your old profile:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recover-user-data-missing-after-firefox-update
Thanks, wxie. Bookmarks are still there. When I try to launch an old profile, I get a message that "Profile missing, your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible."
Modified
If your bookmarks are ok, this maybe is not a profile issue.
For the missing profile, you can try to check if the files are there: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data#w_finding-your-profile-without-opening-firefox
Rosemary, if a browsing session didn't restore, there are some steps to try, and potentially a backup snapshot from past to consult — the guide to follow is: How to restore a browsing session from backup