Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

جست‌وجوی پشتیبانی موزیلا

از کلاهبرداری‌های پشتیبانی اجتناب کنید. ما هرگز از شما نمی‌خواهیم که با شماره تلفن تماس بگیرید یا پیامک ارسال کنید یا اطلاعات شخصی خود را هم‌رسانی کنید. لطفاً فعالیت‌های مشکوک را با استفاده از گزینه «گزارش سوءاستفاده» گزارش دهید.

مانند نخ كشيده
حل شده بایگانی شده

Why are Firefox 15 as well as 17 showing in my Windows Programs list ?

Ramesh Iyer

My 64-bit Windows 7 HP SP1 based notebook was under repair for the past couple of months. So, recently when I got it back, I upgraded Firefox manually to the latest version, i.e. 17. However, noticed that both Version 15 and 17 are listed in the Windows Programs list (Add/Remove Programs list). Can I remove / uninstall Version 15 and leave Version 17 alone, or do I need to remove both and reinstall Firefox 17 afresh ? Is this some sort of a bug in the Firefox installation process ?

My 64-bit Windows 7 HP SP1 based notebook was under repair for the past couple of months. So, recently when I got it back, I upgraded Firefox manually to the latest version, i.e. 17. However, noticed that both Version 15 and 17 are listed in the Windows Programs list (Add/Remove Programs list). Can I remove / uninstall Version 15 and leave Version 17 alone, or do I need to remove both and reinstall Firefox 17 afresh ? Is this some sort of a bug in the Firefox installation process ?

پاسخ‌ها (2)

This was an older bug in Firefox that has since been fixed .Uninstall Firefox 15 from the control panel while making sure NOT to delete any of your personal data. You should be set after that.

بخش‌ها

Thanks Tylerdowner. Noticed just now that Version 15 is no longer listed in my Windows Programs list in Control Panel. Seems it got removed after Firefox got updated to version 17.0.1 last evening. Thanks anyway !