Why does ublock origin not work any more?
For a long time I've been using ublock origin to block parts of emails and RSS feeds to make them more readable. This is not so much to block ads as to block parts that make it hard for me to read things. I am partially sighted. Flashing text etc. is very hard for me.
Now the extension loads but the element hiding part doesn't work on either emails or RSS feeds. I click on it but it no longer selects any part of the emails or feeds.
Why is this and what other options are there?
It still works on Firefox.
پاسخها (9)
have you considered asking the authors of the addon? They do offer a support link on the download page https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/ublock-origin/?src=ss
They list only 10 open issues there.
I have now posted there but I have to say that Reddit is the most stupid thing I've ever seen.uBlock Origin needs to be applied to every part of it!
what does you gong to reditt have to do with the ublock origin support link. I am totally lost here.
The support site is given in the link I provided as https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues
The home page shown is https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock#readme
Both of those are on github.
Oh! I went to the Firefox version and the support link there points to a redditt page! I do not have an account there but I guess that is where you have been. So you went to the wrong place, despite me posting the link for you to use that would have taken you to the right place. Oh well.
I clicked your link and the github page took me to reddit. I may have clicked the wrong link in github but I didn't see another option. I may be wrong.
It's a shame that the functionality is not built directly into Firefox and TB. I've had a problem with my eyesight for years but as it has got worse it is harder to see the real content any more. I don't know how people with worse eyesight than me cope.
Someone on reddit said that uBlock origin never worked on emails but it did for me, so I'm even more confused now.
The last uBlock Origin version released for Thunderbird is 1.66.0. It is available on Github - see Assets. https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases?page=2#release-1.66.0
It works fine here.
Also see https://support.mozilla.org/kb/installing-addon-thunderbird
ویرایش شده
Thanks for that but I can't see any mention of TB. Does the Firefox version work with TB?
There is a reason I said see Assets.
1. 1. It's a bug (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2068505) which is fixed and may land soon.
2. uBO has never had the capability to work on messages.
3. uBO for TB won't be updated any more (https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues/issues/3802). There is a new fork of it at https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/thunderbird/addon/ubird/.
Thanks for posting the info about the ubird add-on. I wasn't aware of this alternative.