This thread was archived. اگر به کمک نیاز دارید لطفاً یک سؤال بپرسید.
Firefox is still automatically downloading files to a default directory, even though I have selected "Always ask you where to save files". This is a security risk. I want to be asked BEFORE the file is downloaded so I can choose the location or choose not to download. Thanks...Jim.
All Replies (2)
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/98.0/releasenotes/ Firefox has a new optimized download flow . . . .
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manage-downloads-preferences-using-downloads-menu Changes to how file downloads are handled in Firefox version 98
- Firefox no longer asks what to do for each file by default
- Downloads panel automatically opens
- Downloaded files are saved to disk
- Set a default app to open a file type
- "Always Open Similar Files" option from the Downloads panel
- Frequently asked questions
You can set this pref to false on the about:config page to prevent opening the download panel on each download.
- browser.download.alwaysOpenPanel = false
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I accept the risk!" to continue.
There is a way to reverse the changes but it is only a temporary solution.
There are also changes you can make in Settings or about:config to change the destination folder.