Firefox Browser Freezes
A Firefox (all versions since one year) freezes problem. It started freezing, other browsers do not do that. The freezing stops when hardware acceleration is disabled. No hardware changes in the PC, other programs work normally. Changing video drivers does not help.
I would like to keep the hardware acceleration going, otherwise the browser is slower. If the problem can not be fixed i will look for another browser.
All Replies (3)
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration in Firefox. Since this feature was added to Firefox it has gradually improved but there are still a few glitches.
You will need to restart Firefox for this to take effect so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.,) and then perform these steps:
- Click the menu button and select Options (Windows) or Preferences (Mac, Linux).
- Select the General panel.
- Under Performance, uncheck Use recommended performance settings. Additional settings will be displayed.
- Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Close Firefox completely and then restart Firefox to see if the problem persists.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If the problem is resolved, you should check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in these Knowledge base articles:
I said in the first post that i already disabled hardware acceleration and it worked. Changing video drivers did not help. Using the browser in such a way though, without HA, gets me lower performance. If i can not use hardware acceleration with Firefox i will have to look for other browsers. Can you recommend some that do not freeze due to HA?
I called for more help.