Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

جست‌وجوی پشتیبانی موزیلا

از کلاهبرداری‌های پشتیبانی اجتناب کنید. ما هرگز از شما نمی‌خواهیم که با شماره تلفن تماس بگیرید یا پیامک ارسال کنید یا اطلاعات شخصی خود را هم‌رسانی کنید. لطفاً فعالیت‌های مشکوک را با استفاده از گزینه «گزارش سوءاستفاده» گزارش دهید.

مانند نخ كشيده
حل شده بایگانی شده

Files related to removed email accounts are not deleted.

rob623

Thunderbird (currently 24.6.0, Windows) current Account Settings window shows Local folders and RSS folders for rss feeds. I used to have 2 email accounts, but a long time ago I stopped using Thunderbird for them. At that time I removed them using the "Remove account" button. They were (and are) no longer displayed. The other day, I went to transfer Thunderbird settings using MozBackup to another system. On that system I could see the two email accounts (including mail messages). Then, I checked in the Thunderbird Profile folder in Application Data. The accounts were still there. So my question is - How can I completely delete the old email accounts. I read elsewhere that the primary email account cannot be deleted. But can the account sub-folders in the Profile folder be deleted without causing other problems?

Thunderbird (currently 24.6.0, Windows) current Account Settings window shows Local folders and RSS folders for rss feeds. I used to have 2 email accounts, but a long time ago I stopped using Thunderbird for them. At that time I removed them using the "Remove account" button. They were (and are) no longer displayed. The other day, I went to transfer Thunderbird settings using MozBackup to another system. On that system I could see the two email accounts (including mail messages). Then, I checked in the Thunderbird Profile folder in Application Data. The accounts were still there. So my question is - How can I completely delete the old email accounts. I read elsewhere that the primary email account cannot be deleted. But can the account sub-folders in the Profile folder be deleted without causing other problems?

پاسخ‌ها (1)

بخش‌ها

Folder

mail \server name
IMAPMail\server name

Deleting the server name folders removes any residual mail for an account.

Note deleting such a folder for an active account is something of a disaster.

see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering_deleted_mail_accounts not what you ask, but explains folder naming a little