Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Rohkem teavet
Open

Repeated server connection issues

simbats4z

Hi there I have been using Thunderbird for many years to manage the same many mail accounts on diverse PCs. I prefer using a portable version from portableapps.com, partly because when it comes to transferring to another gadget, it suffices just moving the portable folder, and I do not have to create dozens of accounts in a fresh install. Of late, I have been getting frequent irritating error messages for 2 Yahoo accounts. It connects to them & I can receive mail, but for automatic connections to the server in between, I keep getting error messages like: The current operation on 'inbox' did not succeed.' The mail account to abc@yahoo.com responded: p.', ... etc The other day, after reading about possible solutions from some forums, I decided to just delete both accounts and used the recommended Thunderbird connection settings for Yahoo to create the 2 accounts anew. I thought the problem was solved, only to have the same alerts every now & then reappearing, which amounts to a lot, if you have Thunderbird on many hours a day. I consistently update Thunderbird, the moment I'm alerted to a new version. I also have Gmail, Outlook, AOL(AIM) & other accounts, but not get similar issues. How do I permanently solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Hi there I have been using Thunderbird for many years to manage the same many mail accounts on diverse PCs. I prefer using a portable version from portableapps.com, partly because when it comes to transferring to another gadget, it suffices just moving the portable folder, and I do not have to create dozens of accounts in a fresh install. Of late, I have been getting frequent irritating error messages for 2 Yahoo accounts. It connects to them & I can receive mail, but for automatic connections to the server in between, I keep getting error messages like: ''The current operation on 'inbox' did not succeed.' The mail account to abc@yahoo.com responded: p.', ... etc The other day, after reading about possible solutions from some forums, I decided to just delete both accounts and used the recommended Thunderbird connection settings for Yahoo to create the 2 accounts anew. I thought the problem was solved, only to have the same alerts every now & then reappearing, which amounts to a lot, if you have Thunderbird on many hours a day. I consistently update Thunderbird, the moment I'm alerted to a new version. I also have Gmail, Outlook, AOL(AIM) & other accounts, but not get similar issues. How do I permanently solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

All Replies (2)

I don't have an answer for you except to say that I've had the same problem for several months with one of my two Yahoo accounts, but have found no solution. I removed and re-added that account, but it made no difference. The account seems to operate as expected anyway, it's just those annoying error notifications.

I've been having a conversation here with another user who has the same issue. But as I said, there's no real solution yet.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1610313

Hi there Thank you for letting me know, also that I'm not alone. It seems to be a general issue, probably coming from Yahoo servers. Over a year ago, without any apparent cause, a Yahoo account of a friend ceased accepting emails from my Gmail account with all sorts of error messages. He'd certainly not blocked me. It randomly let some mails through, but not with simple photo attachments. I discovered the Yahoo server was also rejecting emails from several other Yahoo, Gmail & Outlook accounts I had never used before to communicate with this specific person and it mostly rejected them, which was very frustrating. This went on for many weeks, but then as suddenly as it appeared, the issue went away, without me doing anything and had started actually communicating with other means. Anyway, will keep checking here in case there is a solution. Thanks, again. Kind regards

Küsimuse postitamine

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.