Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Rohkem teavet
Open

My MacBook is OS 10.13.6 - I have seen a notice saying Firefox browser is no longer supporting this OS.

diana-durham

I have used Firefox as my browser for many years now. But I am having difficulties with my Apple Mail App and have tried to set up email account on Gmail. Gmail/google have message saying my Browser, ie Firefox, is no longer supported on their platform for email. I also saw a message in Firefox, saying my OS 10.13.6 is no longer supported by Firefox.

questions: can I still use Firefox if my OS stays the same (ie I don't update computer OS, not sure if I can anyway) is there a way to update Firefox to work with GMail?

Am totally confused. thanks

I have used Firefox as my browser for many years now. But I am having difficulties with my Apple Mail App and have tried to set up email account on Gmail. Gmail/google have message saying my Browser, ie Firefox, is no longer supported on their platform for email. I also saw a message in Firefox, saying my OS 10.13.6 is no longer supported by Firefox. questions: can I still use Firefox if my OS stays the same (ie I don't update computer OS, not sure if I can anyway) is there a way to update Firefox to work with GMail? Am totally confused. thanks

All Replies (1)

You would have to upgrade your macOS, if allowed by your device (or, using alternatives if not).

Firefox users on macOS 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14 moving to Extended Support Release

The support for your legacy Firefox version will end in a few months though, so you might want to consider your options anyways.

Gmail however besides the nag bar works pretty reliably even on way older devices, so you can just ignore the banner. It only means if something's broken, they won't be willing to provide you any support. But if things work… I wouldn't worry too much about it.

More details and options in support.mozilla.org/questions/1585074

Küsimuse postitamine

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.