Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Rohkem teavet
Open

I have lost message in conversation for my emails

CraigDawick

I have lost Open message in conversation for my emails, We have 2 main computers & 1 still has it , but mine lost ( have asked my tech guy & spent several hours on this ) , currently , I have to walk to the other computer to use this VERY usefuil , normal ability

I can't read the trail of emails that have been sent so very tricky

Cheers , Very much Craig

I have lost Open message in conversation for my emails, We have 2 main computers & 1 still has it , but mine lost ( have asked my tech guy & spent several hours on this ) , currently , I have to walk to the other computer to use this VERY usefuil , normal ability I can't read the trail of emails that have been sent so very tricky Cheers , Very much Craig
Attached screenshots

All Replies (2)

Does this still happen when you restart Thunderbird in Troubleshoot Mode? See <Help | Troubleshoot Mode>.

Ctrl+Shift+O is a keyboard shortcut for "Open message in conversation". It's also available at the menu option <Message | Open in Conversation>.

I find some old reports that the symptom can be caused by some corruption in the Global Search database. Here's an article about how to get Thunderbird to rebuild the database:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/rebuilding-global-database

The following steps might be helpful:

1. "Settings" → "General" → "Indexing" → Tick "Enable Global Search and Indexer".

2. In the Folder Pane, right-click the folder where you want the "Open Message in Conversation" option to appear. → "Properties" → "General Information" → Tick "Include messages in this folder in Global Search results".

Küsimuse postitamine

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.