Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Rohkem teavet
Open

How to transfer email from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird

BillT1367

I asked this question on Google and the AI answer although sounding logical and easy did not work.

I have a number of saved emails that I would like to add to my local folders. Any help will be appreciated.

I asked this question on Google and the AI answer although sounding logical and easy did not work. I have a number of saved emails that I would like to add to my local folders. Any help will be appreciated.

All Replies (2)

Windows live mail can export messages as eml format. You can simply drag them to a thunderbird folder, or the more elegant approach would be to use the importexporttools NG addon to import eml files.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. However the first approach you mentioned is exactly what I have tried and exactly what the AI response suggested. Unfortunately, it does not work. As for the importeporttools Ng addon - I was going to install that but the warning message that came up was rather ominous, so I was afraid to say "yes". Is this an invasive addon or is it worth trying? Thank you BillT1367

Küsimuse postitamine

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.