Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Buscar en Ayuda

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Este tema ha sido archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
Solved Archivado

Windows 7 upgrade advisor, from Vista, says that Firefox must be uninstalled before upgrading and that I won't be able to reinstall it, is this true?

herplaw

I am currently running Vista, 32-bit. I am considering upgrading to Windows 7. I ran the Upgrade Advisor Report and it says "Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1 Must be uninstalled before upgrading to Windows 7. You will not be able to reinstall it after upgrading to Windows 7." This appears to be inaccurate info, based on the Firefox website, but I want to verify what I should do before beginning the upgrade. Leave Firefox installed and in place when I upgrade, or uninstall and then re-install after the upgrade?

I am currently running Vista, 32-bit. I am considering upgrading to Windows 7. I ran the Upgrade Advisor Report and it says "Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1 Must be uninstalled before upgrading to Windows 7. You will not be able to reinstall it after upgrading to Windows 7." This appears to be inaccurate info, based on the Firefox website, but I want to verify what I should do before beginning the upgrade. Leave Firefox installed and in place when I upgrade, or uninstall and then re-install after the upgrade?

Todas las respuestas (1)

Solución elegida

hello herplaw, you're right, this doesn't sound right - firefox will run fine on windows 7. i'd leave it installed and go ahead with the update. in any case (if you'd have to reinstall it later) you could also back-up the personal information that is stored in your firefox profile before you proceed: Manually back up and restore Firefox profile data