When I click in newtab it goes to www.v9.com/br/newtab. Notice that it happens just when I click in newtab. I would like to control the way that the newtab works.
Thank you very much
Datos adicionales del sistema
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Agente de usuario: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
In the address line enter the following and hit enter. about:addons In the resulting page, click on 'Plugins' to the left. I'm guessing there would be some v9 related plugin showing up there. Click on the 'Disable' button to disable that plugin. Restart Firefox and see if the issue is resolved.
Autor de la pregunta
I'm sorry, there isn't a V9 plugin in the addons page.
Modificadas por william.rolderick el
From control panel -> Programs and Feature and locate there program named new tabs uninstall (I do not recall this 100% correctly but Publisher was ELEC technology) and by uninstalling it removed the annoying new tab feature from new tab :)
It keeps coming back.. v9 in new tab how do i revove it ???
Did you run the uninstaller from programs and features?
no, it was not there!!!! cant find it anywhere!!!
Read and follow the 5 steps under "How do I turn the new tab page off?" in the following article to reset what opens when you click the New Tab button.
You can also try the following Add-on to reset your search engines. The Add-on runs once then removes itself from your Add-ons.
i have Firefox 16, none of the tricks you told, is working! v9 keeps coming back, cant iven find it in : about:config.
hope someone can help.
Modificadas por tommytho el
I have managed to remove it by disabling the add-on Proxy Tool. Hope that helps.
Modificadas por uchiha13 el
i have not proxy tool installed, then it can't be that... V9 keeps coming back in new tab.!!!
Have you tried any spyware removal tool? E.g. Spybot?
no, where do i find spyware tool ?
now i have scanned with spybot, but when i tab the home button, v9 is coming up again?
this is the site , keep coming back: http://www.v9.com/?utm_source=b&utm_medium=fox&from=fox&uid=198313_1050624_2107302847_3219913727_90AED80F&ts=1351344173
I deleted Firefox, and reinstalled it, then i took mosbackup and restored it to an older backup, an i got rid of the shit V9............
Try this one -> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/search-web-address-bar
Follow the instructions and change this address http://www.google.com/search?q= to keyword.URL value.
+ Go to your control panel + Click uninstall program + Find the application 'new tab uninstaller ' by publisher elec software + Uninstall this little bastard and boom, everything should be fine
got the same problem .. could remove it .. go to add ons - extensions - there you can find v9 and remove it. i didn´t find it in my plug ins since this there is no v9 coming anymore when i open a new tap
I tried everything here but the myv9.com still hijacks my new tab page. I got rid of it taking over the start page, but not the new tabs. On my computer there is no
- elec software
- New tab installer
- Proxy tool
I ran scans from 5 different malware programs with 0 results.
Here's the url that shows up every time I open a new tab:
Any suggestions? I can't afford to redo my whole Firefox right now as I'm in a very intensive moment with my online businesses. Thanks for the help.