Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Buscar en Ayuda

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Este tema ha sido cerrado y archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
Locked Archivado

uploading folders

SuMo Bot

We have AT&T. A few weeks ago, our email service went out and when it came back on, the POP3/SMTP server links weren't working. Found some guidance online that IMAP works better with ATT, so we deleted the account and created a new account with IMAP. Legacy folders and emails wouldn't show up. Found that TB had a new folder listed under IMAP, so migrated all my old folders into that new IMAP folder, but no matter what I do, they are not recognized, and Inbox will only load about 3 weeks of emails. Anyone know what the deal here is, or how I get TB to recognize my legacy folders?

The funny thing is, when I move them over and then restart, for an instant, they all show up, then a few seconds later, they disappear. This tells me that TB sees them in the folder, but then must overwrite them. Not sure how to stop that from happening? Do I need to actively create new folders on my list with the same name or something?

We have AT&T. A few weeks ago, our email service went out and when it came back on, the POP3/SMTP server links weren't working. Found some guidance online that IMAP works better with ATT, so we deleted the account and created a new account with IMAP. Legacy folders and emails wouldn't show up. Found that TB had a new folder listed under IMAP, so migrated all my old folders into that new IMAP folder, but no matter what I do, they are not recognized, and Inbox will only load about 3 weeks of emails. Anyone know what the deal here is, or how I get TB to recognize my legacy folders? The funny thing is, when I move them over and then restart, for an instant, they all show up, then a few seconds later, they disappear. This tells me that TB sees them in the folder, but then must overwrite them. Not sure how to stop that from happening? Do I need to actively create new folders on my list with the same name or something?

Todas las respuestas (2)

So I created new folders with the same name copied in all the data and the same thing happens. When you open the folder, initially all the old emails show up, but they they disappear, like they've been deleted....

By 'legacy folders' I presume you are referring to message folders from the POP account? If so, I suggest placing those in the Mail/Local Folders area. If in the IMAP folder, Thunderbird will attempt to sync them and they get deleted. Once there, you can try to upload to the IMAP account, but that is a problem-prone process and I don't recommend it without having a backup.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.