Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Buscar en Ayuda

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Este tema ha sido archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
Solved Archivado

When will the new 64 bit Firefox support the Quicktime plugin??

quicktimeuser

I teach an online course with many Quicktime audios. I usually suggest that students use Mozilla Firefox, but the new version of Firefox does not support the Quicktime plugin. On the web stite: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/quicktime-plugin-play-audio-and-video?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Using+the+QuickTime+plugin+with+Firefox "Important: The new Windows 64-bit version of Firefox does not recognize or support this plugin."

I need a solution to this ASAP! Please help. Thank you.

I teach an online course with many Quicktime audios. I usually suggest that students use Mozilla Firefox, but the new version of Firefox does not support the Quicktime plugin. On the web stite: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/quicktime-plugin-play-audio-and-video?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Using+the+QuickTime+plugin+with+Firefox "Important: The new Windows 64-bit version of Firefox does not recognize or support this plugin." I need a solution to this ASAP! Please help. Thank you.

Todas las respuestas (2)

I couldn't find any evidence that QuickTime will be allowed on 64-bit Firefox for Windows. If that is in the works, it probably will be at least another 6-12 weeks before it happens. For maximum compatibility right now, please use the 32-bit version of Firefox for Windows.

Solución elegida

If you aren't a Firefox user, be aware that all new installs are 32-bit by default, so only a few users are seeking out and experimenting with the 64-bit build.

https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/new/