Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Buscar en Ayuda

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Este tema ha sido archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
Archivado

System reboot with error system_thread_exception_not_handled

warleyalf

Happens when using ancestry.co.uk - seems ok in internet explorer Using Windows 8.1

Happens when using ancestry.co.uk - seems ok in internet explorer Using Windows 8.1

Todas las respuestas (6)

What's happening? Do you get a reboot or what? I see that you have a user.js in %AppData%\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\???????.default (where ?????? is some letters and numbers) If you haven't put it there rename /delete it

Thanks for that

Yes the pc reboots itself

I have renamed user.js to fred.js and will now go and try ancestry - fingers crossed

regards Alf

Further info

The pc continues to re-boot in ancestry

have grabbed all the error message which is system_thread_exception_not_handled (atikmdag.sys)

regards

Alf

this sounds like an issue with hardware acceleration - please try updating your graphics driver, or in case this doesn't solve the issue or there is no new version available at the moment, disable hardware acceleration in the firefox menu ≡ > options > advanced > general (that setting will take a restart of the browser to take effect).

Philipp is right, atikmdag.sys is AMD/ATI - graphic card driver. But I couldn't find it in your driverspec. AMD has a driver-support-page where they address this problem Link

many thanks philipp

have updated the driver, although when I came to this page I had a psychodelic display - which has now stopped - time will tell on that one

will now go and give ancestry a whirl