I'm attempting to configure Firefox so it will clear all my cookies, with a few exceptions, on program exit. I've configured it as: Always use private browsing mode is … (read more)
I'm attempting to configure Firefox so it will clear all my cookies, with a few exceptions, on program exit. I've configured it as:
- Always use private browsing mode is NOT checked
- Clear history when Firefox closes is NOT checked
- Accept cookies and site data is checked
- Keep until = I close Firefox
- Under exceptions, I add the specific URL exceptions for sites whose cookies I would like to survive exiting Firefox
- I do not have any cookie addons
However, it does not work. All the sites, including those listed in "Exceptions," log me out after I quit & re-start Firefox. I've done some searching, and have found many other threads from people with this issue, going back years. The suggested answers always seem to suggest the above configuration. Yet it just seems to behave as if the exceptions aren't there.
I should note that I'm trying to move over from Chrome, which has analog settings & is working as expected.
Why does it keep clearing the cookies for sites that are explicitly listed under "Exceptions"?