Where is the Firefox Hello button?
- Revision id: 116924
- Creator: Joni
- Comment: made ESR note more generic and visible in all versions
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: jsavage
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: jsavage
If the Firefox Hello button is missing from your toolbar or menu, check these tips to make it appear.
Table of Contents
Move the Firefox Hello button to your toolbar
Check the Additional Tools and Features drawer to see if the button is there. You can move it from there to a spot that's convenient for you.
Here's how to move the Hello button:
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of the browser.
to see Firefox's additional tools and features.
- Drag the Hello icon from the additional tools window to your toolbar or menu.
- Click to finish.
Exit Private Browsing
If you're on a Private Window (indicated by a mask icon), the Firefox Hello button won't appear.
Close the Private Window and use Firefox in regular browsing mode.
Allow Firefox to store history
Setting up Firefox to "never remember history" is equivalent to always being in Private Browsing mode. In order to change that:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the panel.
- Change the setting Firefox will: Never remember history to one of the other available choices. If you use custom settings for history, make sure that Always use private browsing mode is disabled as well.
Make sure you are not on an ESR version of Firefox
Hello is not available in Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) versions meant for large organizations, such as universities, city governments and businesses. See Firefox (ESR) page for more information.