I need help with my Webmaker account
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Table of Contents
How do I join Webmaker?
Follow these steps to join Webmaker:
- Click the Join button at the top right of the page.
- Enter your email address.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and click Join.
- Enter a username and click create account.
How do I sign in to Webmaker
- Click the Sign in link at the top right of the page.
- Enter your username or email address.
- Check your email for a message from Webmaker. Don't see it? Check your spam.
- Follow the instructions outlined in the email. Click Login or login and remember me if you are on a private device. If you check the email on your mobile, you can copy the short key to a desktop computer to login there.
Can I still use my Persona account?
- Yes. Current users can continue to use Persona or start using the Webmaker login as described above. No extra work required.
- To continue using Persona, click Sign in link at the top right of the page, and then click log in with Persona.
- Get help with Persona
Where do I find my profile and projects?
- Your Webmaker domain is your personal space on the web to share all your creations.
- Every username gets a domain at http://username.makes.org - so if your username is pizzadog then your Webmaker domain will become http://pizzadog.makes.org.
Can I use a password instead of Webmaker login by email?
- Yes. Visit your profile settings and click the link to set a password.
- If you change your mind later, you can switch back to the Webmaker Login from the profile settings as well.
I lost my password. What do I do now?
- Click the forgot password link.
- Check your email for the reset message from Webmaker. Can't find it? Check your spam.
- Click the reset password link and follow the instructions on the screen.
I'm still having problems. How do I get help?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your problem in as much detail as you can, and we'll figure out what's wrong.
- Join the community and conversation for more support: http://discourse.webmaker.org/category/meet (requires login)
Last Update: 2015-01-20