- Revision id: 144249
- Creator: Joni
- Comment: draft
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: jsavage
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Shield studies let you try out different features and ideas before they are released to all Firefox users. Using your feedback, we can make more informed decisions based on what you actually need.
How do I participate?
To enable invitations to Shield Studies:
- Type about:preferences#privacy into your address bar.
- Put a check mark next to Allow Firefox to install and run studies'.
When a study is available, you will be asked to participate. If you confirm your willingness to participate in a specific study, an add-on will be installed on your computer for the duration of the study.
When the study ends, the add-on will expire and you will be asked to fill out a survey.
How do I see the studies I'm in?
To see the studies you're participating in, type about:studies into your address bar.
How do I opt out?
To opt out of a specific study: Type about:studies into your address bar to see a list of your studies. Click thebutton next to the study you want to opt out of.
To opt out of all studies:
- Type about:studies in the address bar.
- Remove the check mark next to Allow Firefox to run and install studies.