This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Marketplace apps will run on any computer with Firefox. Marketplace apps for Firefox desktop are specially optimized for a bigger screen. These apps are made with Open Web technology, so you can run the same app on different operating systems and devices!
The Marketplace has thousands of apps to choose from. With a wide selection of games, music and productivity apps, Firefox Marketplace has something for everybody.
Install a Marketplace app
To install an app, all you need is Firefox on your computer.
- Open Firefox. Click the Tools menu, and select Apps (or visit Firefox Marketplace).
- You can also add the Apps icon to your menu panel by clicking the menu button , followed by, then dragging the Apps icon to your menu panel.
- Use the search box to look for a specific app or choose a category for the type of app you're looking for.
- Click on an app to view its details. When you're ready to install it, click its blue install button.
- A notification will pop up on your address bar to let you know when the app is installed.
Access My Apps on other devices
A Firefox Account lets you keep track of your Marketplace apps on all devices that run Firefox.
- Click at the top right corner of the screen, or click and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- Click the gear icon, then choose
- To install an app from your library, click the
Uninstall a Marketplace app
Marketplace apps are easy to uninstall using device's regular uninstall process:
Go to your Applications folder and drag the app to Trash.
- Go to your Control Panel, then click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on next to the app you want to uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to finish uninstalling the app.
- Go to your Control Panel, then click on Uninstall Program.
- Click on the app you want to uninstall from the list of programs.
- With the app highlighted, click on Uninstall at the top of the page.
- Click to finish uninstalling the app.
- Open the Start screenmenu.
- Right-click or press and hold on the app.
- Tap or click Uninstall.
Please refer to the documentation for your distribution for instructions on how to uninstall software.