Εμφάνιση ερωτήσεων για το θέμα:

It updated last night, now I have NOTHING, how to recover utter update user data loss?

I have no accounts, no old emails, nothing. Version 153.4.0esr | Released September 30, 2026 Update History The following updates have been installed Thunderbird 153.4.… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

I have no accounts, no old emails, nothing.

Version 153.4.0esr | Released September 30, 2026

Update History The following updates have been installed Thunderbird 153.4.Oesr (20260929234349) Installed on: October 5, 2026 at 6:23:30 AM Status: The Update was successfully installed Thunderbird 153.3. lesr (20260917204311) Installed on: September 18, 2026 at 3:24:29 PM Status: The Update was successfully installed

Old tower PC Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on 11/12/2020 OS Build 19045.7725

Gateway Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) Storage 4 GB HDD ST4000NC001, 932 GB HDD ST1000DM003-9YN162, 1.82 TB HDD Hitachi HUA722020ALA331, 117 GB SSD SanDisk SDSSDP128G, 7.28 TB HDD ST8000DM004-2CX188 Graphics Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (96 MB) Device ID C6B6F480-ED70-4787-A153-1FD620BAFDA9 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA675 System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Επιλύθηκε 1

Thunderbird fails to start after update on Ubuntu

Hello Thunderbird Support Team, I recently updated Thunderbird on my Ubuntu system. After the update, Thunderbird no longer starts normally. When I try to launch Thunderb… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

Hello Thunderbird Support Team,

I recently updated Thunderbird on my Ubuntu system. After the update, Thunderbird no longer starts normally.

When I try to launch Thunderbird, a window appears showing the following error:

There is also a caret (^) shown below the beginning of the line, as visible in the attached screenshot.

Before the update, Thunderbird was working normally. The problem started immediately after the update.

System information:

OS: Ubuntu 26.04.1 Thunderbird: 157.0.1-1

Could you please help me identify the cause of this issue and provide a solution?

I would also appreciate any recommended diagnostic commands or logs that I should provide to help troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you.

Best regards, Mohsen Rezaee

Ανοικτό

When will an ESR version of Thunderbird with Microsoft Graph support be available

I have had messages about EWS support being ended from 1st October from the Beonex ExQuilla Add-On which I have been using for many years. So I installed Beonex's new O… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

I have had messages about EWS support being ended from 1st October from the Beonex ExQuilla Add-On which I have been using for many years.

So I installed Beonex's new Owl Add-On which supports Microsoft Graph Protocol and migrated my Email accounts. However, this just renamed my existing account with "Old" at the end and created new ones which cannot connect!

The IT provider for the Email Domain will not allow the Owl Beonex App to connect, despite the ExQuilla one being used for many years!

They have now pointed out that Thunderbird natively supports the Microsoft Graph Protocol from Release 154. BUT I am on the ESR channel (as I need stable Email handling) and the latest ESR Release is 153.4.0esr!

So when will an ESR be released with Graph Support, as Microsoft could stop me being able to receive and send Emails any day as it is now past 1st October???? - Please let me know your timeline for the next ESR with Graph support A.S.A.P.

I do not want to install a non-ESR as I see that the latest Release 157.0.1 fixed a bug with the Graph protocol and 155.0 streamlined the manual account configuration. So I want stick with stable releases!

Also, do I have to add new accounts to use Microsoft Graph, or can I just change the configuration of my existing ones?

If the former, then I guess once I am happy I have all old Emails available (as I rely on Emails going back many years!), I can delete the original Accounts from Thunderbird, including the non-working " Old" ones created by the ExQuilla to Owl migration????

Thanks

Ανοικτό 7

data destructive bug

I had my dad on Thunderbird, and migrated him to Evolution, after your horrible failure. I only wish there was a Mac version, I'm stuck on Thunderbird on my Macs. There i… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

I had my dad on Thunderbird, and migrated him to Evolution, after your horrible failure. I only wish there was a Mac version, I'm stuck on Thunderbird on my Macs. There is no way I can trust Thunderbird, after this destructive failure. They tried to force people off of apt, Linux, and put in hooks to have apt use SNAP, want it or not! When it force migrated him off of apt, which was NOT wanted, or asked for, it lost ALL of his Thunderbird data.

Not only are you not smart enough to realize that some people don't want SNAP, AppImage, FlatPak, or other crap sandboxed garbage, but, without giving them a choice, trying to force a screwed up migration, that obviously doesn't work, and deleting ALL of their data is unacceptable. Even if it hadn't lost all of his data, it wasn't wanted, and I would have had to undo the damage.

FIreFox is the same shit, forcing to SNAP garbage. Fortunately, I have him on Brave, so it's not really needed, just installed for backup, but not being used.

I had to create install scripts just to get them to install normally, no SNAP GARBAGE! It was not easy, because they still try to force migrate.

There are a lot of authors now coming to Linux, that know nothing about it, and don't know how to use apt, so they try that sandboxed shit, not understanding that's why a lot of people are abandoning Windows and Mac in the first place. But most, if not all of them, at least have a .deb to download, or options. This is the first software I have seen trick apt into installing SNAP, then deleting all of its data. And, yes, after searching the entire drive, the data was gone.

What you did is complete BS, and unlike some of those newer people moving to Linux, you can't blame ignorance, because you are not new.

Ανοικτό 1

Lost my emails on upgrade to 153.4.0 esr

Firefox said to update to 153.4.0 esr to continue to use Google Calendar. I did and was able to recover the calendar. But the upgrade lost all my emails and folders. Pre… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

Firefox said to update to 153.4.0 esr to continue to use Google Calendar. I did and was able to recover the calendar. But the upgrade lost all my emails and folders. Previous answers for lost emails have not worked. Please give me a step by step procedure to recover my emails. Thank you

Ανοικτό 3 20

Don't understand ESR or where it came from

I see a "Thunderbird ESR" notice appears when I open my laptop. I searched to see what it means. I'm still confused. 1) where did it come from? 2) is it best for me? I a… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

I see a "Thunderbird ESR" notice appears when I open my laptop. I searched to see what it means. I'm still confused. 1) where did it come from? 2) is it best for me? I am a senior not interested in lots of changes (except improvements), but I am not an organization. Should I do anything or just leave it?

Suzanne

Επιλύθηκε 2

Uninstall Latest update

Hello, So my thunderbird updated yesterday 10/1/2026 and since then it's changed my layout and also making problems in attaching documents etc. Is there a way to revert … (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

Hello, So my thunderbird updated yesterday 10/1/2026 and since then it's changed my layout and also making problems in attaching documents etc. Is there a way to revert to the last version? Or does someone have a way to fix this problem?

Ανοικτό 1 20

How do make to where not the whole conversation open when viewing on email in a conversation

Ever since the last update 157 when i open a conversation it open every single tab in that conversation and i hate that, cause i have to close every one to go to anothe… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

Ever since the last update 157 when i open a conversation it open every single tab in that conversation and i hate that, cause i have to close every one to go to another email. this stupid updating thing is for the birds. Another thing that i really liked in past versions that whatever color tag i wanted to use would color the subject line now it just does a little symbol all the way on the right side. Can i uninstall a update by chance?

Ανοικτό 1

Updating from v68 to v78 deleted all data in Thuderbird.

I'm assiting an elderly user of Thunderbird. We were trying to update his saved password but the menu items did not match my current version 153.3.1esr. When I asked him … (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

I'm assiting an elderly user of Thunderbird. We were trying to update his saved password but the menu items did not match my current version 153.3.1esr. When I asked him to check his version he had options to update from v52. He went through 3 update cycles to v78 when all his data had disappeared. I found some information at: https://support.mozilla.org/mk/questions/1312391 which seemed to put the issue at a file format change in v78. When he looked at the profile folders the most recent was created in 2024. (I couldn't get him to find a modified date more recently.) When he closed Thunderbird and used the Run command "Thunderbird.exe -P" we couldn't find a way to select that most recent profile folder. Are you able to give me instructions I can use in a Windows remote (quick) assist session to restore his data from the profile folder?

Alternatively, is it possible to downgrade back to v68 of Thunderbird; would this restore his data (account settings, emails, contacts/address book etc?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to offer.

Ανοικτό 3

how to update to 156.01 in mx linux

I installed Ubuntu 26.04 on one of my laptops. I want to import my Thunderbird profile from another computer running mx linux. This one has 140.16.0esr(64 bit). I've been… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

I installed Ubuntu 26.04 on one of my laptops. I want to import my Thunderbird profile from another computer running mx linux. This one has 140.16.0esr(64 bit). I've been advised to make sure I have the same version on both computers to avoid compatibility issues. The new OS installed 156.01. How do I get the same version on the mx linux computer?

Ανοικτό

Thunderbird screwed after attempted update.

Hi! I'm hoping you can help me! I use Thunderbird, and have for many years, and I love it. My computer is on its last legs, and I'm trying to save up for a new one, but, … (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

Hi! I'm hoping you can help me! I use Thunderbird, and have for many years, and I love it. My computer is on its last legs, and I'm trying to save up for a new one, but, yesterday I did something possibly stupid... (yeah, I know, you NEVER get people asking for help who've done stupid things, so this will be unusual... lol). Anyway... I turned my computer on and got a popup saying that my Thunderbird needs an update and it's been a while since I updated, so I hit OK on the update... Well, my arsehole of a computer chose that exact minute to shit itself and die. When I tried restarting it, my Thunderbird no longer works. Now I have a popup with a big red X that says "The installation seems to be corrupt. Please check your hardware and disk setup and/or re-install." Can you help me? I desperately need to check my email and have one I need to send. I don't know what to do. I've also got YEARS worth of emails sitting in the system, so I can't risk losing them, either. Please help. L.

Επιλύθηκε 3 143

Some emails are showing up blank, with no sender or subject

On 28 August I received a blank email with just the sender and subject showing. Since then I have sporadically received completely blank emails, with no sender or subject… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

On 28 August I received a blank email with just the sender and subject showing. Since then I have sporadically received completely blank emails, with no sender or subject, while others are arriving as normal. The same is happening when I open Thunderbird on my mobile, but not on my laptop which has an older version installed. It would seem that the issue is caused by update 153.1.1esr, as that was released on 28 Aug.

Can I revert to a previous version of Thunderbird or is there another way to fix this, thanks.

Επιλύθηκε 3 10

Thunderbird sending all inbox messages to deleted (bug2068847)

This morning Thunderbird asked me to update which I duly did. Once done all messages started disappearing from inbox. Eventually I found them and moved them back to inbox… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

This morning Thunderbird asked me to update which I duly did. Once done all messages started disappearing from inbox. Eventually I found them and moved them back to inbox only for it to happen again

Have now tried 3 times, same result, every single email from Inbox keeps being moved to deleted in Local Folders

All new emails that have come in since appear for a micro second in Inbox before being moved to Deleted

This is obviously not a great situation to put it mildly and as it has never happened before and started straight after this morning's update I can only assume that the update is to blame

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Brenton, GPS Imports Team

Επιλύθηκε 5 41

Which channel am I on for new releases?

I thought I had opted for the release channel. But after a recent update, it seems I'm on the beta channel. I'm using a laptop with Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Tbird was installed … (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

I thought I had opted for the release channel. But after a recent update, it seems I'm on the beta channel. I'm using a laptop with Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Tbird was installed as a snap, and is updated automatically via snap. However, when I look at Help/About, the image says Beta.

Ανοικτό 2 30

When Updating from v68 to the next version up, the sub-folders I had on my 2nd email account (POP) all disappeared on the left panel but still exists on windows explorer as I can see all the files

When Updating from v68 to the next version up, the sub-folders I had on my 2nd email account (POP) all disappeared on the left panel but still exists on windows explorer … (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

When Updating from v68 to the next version up, the sub-folders I had on my 2nd email account (POP) all disappeared on the left panel but still exists on windows explorer as I can see all the files.

1. Using v68.12 with 3 Email Accounts (POP). I only download 1 email account from Network Solutions for the past 5 years. 2. Email 1 - name2.domain, Email 2 - used when Soccer Coach, Email 3 - everyday email I get downloaded from Network Solutions. 3. When I tried updating years ago, from v68.12 to the v 78s or so, all the local folders I set up under Email 1 disappeared but the folder structure remain on the hard drive. 4. If I move the files out, then in Thunderbird, right click and create the folder again called Email - BW the folder is created and blank. 5. Then I shutdown Thunderbird and move the files back and then when I go back into Thunderbird I see some of the folders. 6. If I repeat this process, I see some of the folders and I don't see other. 7. I am trying to export the data out of the Email - BW folder, but the Using IMportExport NG in v68 doesn't match up with the version with Thunberbird v153. 8. Do I need to try to load Thunderbird 78 and try to import the files? I have the data file. I have the msf file I have the folder.sbd file It just doesn't show up on the left panel? Help Please.

Ανοικτό

My latest Thunderbird upgrade on Kubuntu 26.04 is marked as BETA 155.0

This was mistakenly posted in the Firefox stream. Amended with apologies. The latest Snap update on my Kubuntu laptop is marked as a BETA version. I haven't selected the… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)

This was mistakenly posted in the Firefox stream. Amended with apologies.

The latest Snap update on my Kubuntu laptop is marked as a BETA version. I haven't selected the BETA stream, and I checked and snap seems to be pointed at the stable version.

I like to keep track of changes at each install and there's no Release Notes available.

Is this an error at your end or do I need to change something to get back to a stable version?

Επιλύθηκε 2 10