3.6 crashes as soon as opened. using 2.o.o.20 now. What is latest verison to work on XPsp3
I have always upgraded when a new version came out. About a month ago, after an upgrade, Firefox started crashing everytime I opened it. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Gave up and used IE untill today I installed 2.o.o.20 and it's working fine. I tried to upgrade to 3.6 and crashed back to 2. What is latest version I can use? That will work.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Classic Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Netscape and Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/184.108.40.206 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Firefox 3.6.* does work on Windows XP. The Firefox crashes when you open it article may help.
If it submits crash reports to Mozilla, if you post some of the crash IDs (see the end of the above article for how to get them), somebody may be able to identify the cause of the crashing.
Did you try a new profile?