Firefox will not download the latest Java. Each time I try, it only goes back to the same page.
I am not being able to download the latest version of Java, though messages keep popping up saying it needs to use an old version of Java to download the new one. This doesn't make sense. It also keeps sending up a blank Explorer page with a Java address at the top that doesn't go anywhere.
Every time Firefox opened
- -The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Torrent search engine tool bar, realplayer browser record plug in, P2P torrent toolbar, morning coffee, jib jab tool bar- all of which I have had working for some time.
Try doing it in Explorer. If it doesn't work either. Then it is a problem with your System not Firefox
Thanks, MJBMozilla Mozilla LiveChat Support
Update Java: your ver. N/A; current ver. 184.108.40.206 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed.