Add-ons Compatibility Information
I hope this is appropriate here. If not, please direct me to where it is.
As new releases of Thunderbird (and Firefox too) come out, a constant question for me is whether the add-ons that are important to me (I use a lot) will be compatible with the new release. It would help if
(1) The add-ons web site supported at least the current release. Right now the Thunderbird add-ons site only goes up to 73, while the most current release is 78.x.
(2) The Add-Ons web site always allowed me to specify release and OS. Sometimes that is allowed, sometimes not.
(3) The Add-Ons web site allowed me to specify a release before which I don't want to see add-ons listed.
(4) The Extensions page in Thunderbird allowed me to ask which of my extensions (enabled and/or disabled) are supported/not supported in a specified future release.
(5) When Thunderbird wants to install a new release, it reported on extensions that would become incompatible and always asked my permission to go ahead.
It probably would not be necessary to do all of these things, but I included them all because I don't know which are the most practical.
Try copying the Extensions section of Help/Troubleshooting.Læs dette svar i sammenhæng 👍 0
Alle svar (3)
A frequently-updated list of add-ons for TB 78 is maintained here:
Thanks, that's very helpful. I was able to copy/paste it into Excel so that I could sort it by name. The only problem was that the little houses in the name field became huge. Getting rid of them was a pain.
What would also be very helpful is being able to get a list of the extensions I am using in a form that I could import into Excel. Then I could match the two lists. Is that possible now that the Extension Dumper extension is long gone.
Try copying the Extensions section of Help/Troubleshooting.