Extremely slow tab switching since a few weeks
officials confiscated my fast PC leaving me with a old system with following specs:
Intel Core i3-3220 (2 cores with 3,3 Ghz), Windows 10 latest version x64, 4 GB RAM, relativ new Samsung SSD, NVIDIA GT 1030 with drivers not updated in a while.
I have bad memory but I think I have this PC about 4 months and this Firefox problem since 2 months, could be totally different because I have really bad memory.
I thought it might be a extension or a setting so I started with a new profile, unfortunatelly it didn't help.
I think tab switching very often is over 3 seconds, doesn't matter much if there 5 or 15 tabs open, I use Firefox since 2002, recommended it to many people and never had such a big problem like this before.
Ændret af stax76 den
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
So was this computer your setup or whom did the setup? I have a even older Dell 1525 with Windows 10 and it runs ok with iNtel HD. If anything it sounds like your firefox is corrupted or bad install.
I've installed Win 10 and didn't care too much about latest drivers and stuff, all other apps run fine, many of my apps are resource hungry like Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, JDownloader and they all run fine except Firefox.
Can this be really be a corrupted installion, I mean the latest version auto installed only few days ago and I already tried a fresh profile.
Ændret af stax76 den
Didn't have a choice other then moving on to Chrome since it's about five times faster on my old system. I hope the problems can be solved or I can afford a significant faster PC in the future. As programmer not only am I disappointed by Firefox but also by Rust, maybe it's not so bad having a old system because only then you notice slow software. What I've tried meanwhile is having installed a new graphix card drivers but it didn't help. There is a serious performance problem on my system with Firefox, it feels like ten times slower on certain situations, for instance typing messages on doom9.org became impossible because after every keysstroke it take about 5 seconds a character is shown.
Hey there, I'm sorry you had a poor experience on this forum. If you're still willing to try a few things to make Firefox faster:
- Install the latest graphics drivers for your graphics card: https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/145872 This is a good idea anyway, it will make your entire computer faster / more stable
- Disable accessibility services in Firefox How do I disable Firefox Accessibility Service?
- Install an adblocker such as ublock origin. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
- Install all available Windows updates (including updating to 1809)
- Finally, I'd suggest running a scan with Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.com) to ensure there's no hidden malware.
If you're willing to try this, please let me know if it makes things any different, and if not, I can take a look to see if there is anything else we can try.