Denne tråd blev arkiveret. Stil et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du har brug for hjælp.
How do I disable "A new Firefox update is available" ?
I keep getting a popup in the upper right corner of Firefox 63 asking me to update. I do not want to update. There isn't an option anymore in settings to turn off updates. How do I disable this annoying popup? Thanks.
Alle svar (1)
I keep getting a popup in the upper right corner of Firefox 63 asking me to update. I do not want to update.
There have been two minor updates to Firefox 63 covering the fixes in these two articles:
- Firefox 63.0.1 (31 Oct 2018): https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/63.0.1/releasenotes/
- Firefox 63.0.3 (15 Nov 2018): https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/63.0.3/releasenotes/
Those fixes may not affect a lot of sites you visit, but why wouldn't you want to install them? Are you concerned about potential data loss? It's never a bad idea to back up your profile folder to protect against unexpected calamities:
There isn't an option anymore in settings to turn off updates. How do I disable this annoying popup?
Correct, that setting was removed.
Here in support we work with the Firefox we have today and can suggest relevant features, settings changes, and workarounds. If that doesn't meet your needs, you can submit comments and suggestions through one or more of the following links:
- Feedback: https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/
- Discourse: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/firefox-development
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/firefox
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Firefox
As part of its increased Enterprise support, Mozilla provided an option to block Firefox from checking for updates via an external Policy file. This was designed for companies that manage updates centrally, and is not intended for people who would allow their software to fall behind and become vulnerable to attacks from the web.
For details, see:
- Customizing Firefox Using policies.json
- https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates/blob/master/README.md (look for DisableAppUpdate)
Users who have tested this approach report it is a complete block: Firefox cannot discover updates even if you click the button in the About Firefox dialog. Extra work is required to update with this approach.
If you decide to try this, for your security, please monitor the release notes index page for new releases, or subscribe to updates from a site that keeps up with Firefox news: